Sussex Group Meet for November

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
I was on the list but just to add that I'm free all month.

1 Neumo - any weekend in November
2 Kep + 2 , can only do the weekend of the 5th & 6th (at the moment), possibility of the 19th & 20th as well now.
3 monkey boy (at the moment im flexable)
4 Hugo I'm free any time. YYeeehaa
5 Neil1 - at the moment any weekend is good - but as always - that may change.
6 Photog Keith - Any time at present
7 Simon H Free anytime (no jokes)
8 Jack - fourth - sixth is difficult, but might get a weekend pass
9 spandit - 5th/6th is bonfire night, 12th/13th possible (on call on the Saturday), 19th/20th possible, 26th/27th possible. Basically could be free but won't know until the day before at the earliest...
10 Wildbill (Possibly +1)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I did the usual of going through the posts & put 1 next to peoples names when they can attend & a 0 when the say the can not make it for each of the dates. If people dont say when they can do it they get a ? next to there name for each weekend.

This means that JackBR, Spandit & WildBill did not give a specific date when they could make it (& by implication saying dates they could not make it) or say when they could not make it (by implication also saying when they could make it).

The result is this:

NovMeet.jpg

So. What to do?

We could leave it to those who have not said what dates they can do to pick dates & choose that way by adding their votes to the calculation; but that is not really fair on those of us who said what dates we can do.
OR
I can start a list where we all put down a single date & choose the most poplular, assuming we dont get a tie break (in which case I get a coin out...)
OR
I can just choose one, which is what has happened before. Bonfire night would probably be factored in to this one, as a lot of people are doing things that night.

What do you think? I think we need a decision by the weekend.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I
The result is this:

View attachment 7781

So. What to do?.

Oops.

Best bet in my mind is to just pick a date and if people can make it, brilliant, if they cant, well there's always next time, afraid you are never going to get a consensus on dates, the only way forward is as suggested, pick a date and stick with it.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'm in Lewes for bonfire night but should be free the other weekends. I don't work Monday to Friday (as in I do shift work) so could be up for midweek meets if anyone else is in the same boat

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Sorry, I can't pin specific weekends at the moment that I can make as work is a little volatile. I just know I can't do the 4th - 6th as I'm away with work already. Best bet is pick a weekend and if I can I'll see you there ;-)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
OK, Thanks for your input. I will think this over & pick a date in the next day or two, that way people will have more time to book it in their diaries. I am planning to do 1 a month from now on, depending on the weather if we get snow etc.. That way everyone has a chance of coming to one. Maybe in the Spring we can have a Mega meet, advertised further in advanced, so that more people come come. Just an idea.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Maybe in the Spring we can have a Mega meet, advertised further in advanced, so that more people come come. Just an idea.

Grand idea, as a thought if you/we decide on a mega meet, do it in the school holidays as that way i think more people would be inclined to come along as they could bring their kids with them and as the pennies get tighter for a lot of people, you might find some people also using the meet as a short holiday as well - just a thought

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I'm hoping it will be the 5/6 as I'm chomping at the bit to get out in them woods.
I'll toss a coin. heads I win tails you loose. :lmao:

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
2 Kep + 2 , can only do the weekend of the 5th & 6th (at the moment), possibility of the 19th & 20th as well now.
9 spandit - 5th/6th is bonfire night, 12th/13th possible (on call on the Saturday), 19th/20th possible, 26th/27th possible. Basically could be free but won't know until the day before at the earliest...
11 widu- 4-6th (the kids are burning things and I'm not in their club)

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
12Clayton + 1 maybe 2

MandaPanda

Jul 24, 2011
Sussex
12Clayton + 1 maybe 2
13 MandaPanda

Earlier dates better for me as I have exams in early December

F7144

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2011
Kent
Hello

I have a bit more time tonight to introduce myself, I’m Luke a friend of Neil1. I would like to come along to the November meet, I can bring venison for a communal meal should that be of interest. I can also bring along my tracking gear should anyone want to know more about this subject. If a lot of people have an interest in tracking I could teach a lesson of approx. 1-2 hours, just let me know. Any questions just ask, Neil1 will vouch for me.

I cannot do the 5-6th.

Regards to all

Luke

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
12Clayton + 1 maybe 2
13 MandaPanda
14Loenja Not 5-6 afaik any other weekend

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
12Clayton + 1 maybe 2
13 MandaPanda
14Loenja Not 5-6 afaik any other weekend
15Iona & Small not 5-6, maybe teaching on the sundays some weekends, but locally, so could come and go...

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Hello

I have a bit more time tonight to introduce myself, I’m Luke a friend of Neil1. I would like to come along to the November meet, I can bring venison for a communal meal should that be of interest. I can also bring along my tracking gear should anyone want to know more about this subject. If a lot of people have an interest in tracking I could teach a lesson of approx. 1-2 hours, just let me know. Any questions just ask, Neil1 will vouch for me.

I cannot do the 5-6th.

Regards to all

Luke

i would love to know more about tracking, I did a little in kenya and loved it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE