Sussex Group Meet for November

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
1 Neumo - any weekend in November
2 Kep + 2 , can only do the weekend of the 5th & 6th (at the moment)
3 monkey boy (at the moment im flexable)
4 Hugo I'm free any time. YYeeehaa
5 Neil1 - at the moment any weekend is good - but as always - that may change.
6 Photog Keith - Any time at present
7 Simon H
8 Jack - fourth - sixth is difficult, but might get a weekend pass
9 spandit - 5th/6th is bonfire night, 12th/13th possible (on call on the Saturday), 19th/20th possible, 26th/27th possible. Basically could be free but won't know until the day before at the earliest...

veryWildbill

Nomad
Aug 15, 2010
west sussex
Just been told I can come and play this time. I'll be bringing my 17 year old daughter if she's home from college.

2 Kep + 2 , can only do the weekend of the 5th & 6th (at the moment)
7 Simon H
9 spandit - 5th/6th is bonfire night, 12th/13th possible (on call on the Saturday), 19th/20th possible, 26th/27th possible. Basically could be free but won't know until the day before at the earliest...
10 Wildbill (Possibly +1)

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
A mate has offered to secure us some Venison for the communal meal on the Saturday. I can also provide three dutch ovens if needed.
What we all need now is a definate date?
Neil

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
im good for any dates, but your right we do need to set one, we should do a pole and the dates that have the highest votes is the one we set ;)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
im good for any dates, but your right we do need to set one, we should do a pole and the dates that have the highest votes is the one we set

That is basically what we normally do, with the organiser choosing the most popular one. A poll sounds good but then you only get one choice, whereas the way I did the last one was to take into account all the people who could do say 3 weekends.

We are only halfway through October so I was going to leave it another week or so before before deciding. There is always next weekends 'mini meet', as mentioned above, if you can't wait until next month. I will book the campsite, get a pitch number & put a small thread up tomorrow on that.

A mate has offered to secure us some Venison for the communal meal on the Saturday

I was reading about venison cooking on the other thread:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80285

Someone suggested Venison in a Dutch oven with a bottle of cheap white wine, assorted herbs etc.. which sounds like a goer. We can't do a Hangi as the site has a rule about not digging pits or holes.

Last edited:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Mini-meet is Booked in for this weekend at Broadstone, on pitch D13 which is just the other side of the track from the last meet & a bit further towards the rangers car park. Looks like me & graywolf at the moment, with maybe Kepis on the Sunday for a bit if he can make it.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Aye, will try and get down for a few hours on Sunday, hope to see you there

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Mini meet thread is now up:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80939&p=980368#post980368

Aye, will try and get down for a few hours on Sunday, hope to see you there

Will be nice to see you again. Looks like me & Graywolf at the moment for the Saturday afternoon/night + you on Sunday if you can make it. Might get a few more, as you never know...;) The forecast for the weekend looks good & I get to try out my new UK Hammocks Underblanket & quilt, so cant wait. Will be baking some bread, probably trying a chicken roast dinner in a dutch oven plus whatever else takes our fancy.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
The loaf you made at the last meet looks outstounding.

Yes it turned out well for a first attempt. I will be having another go at a loaf this weekend. It is not to hard to do if you know how to make bread; I can show you how to do it in a dutch oven if youare interested. The tricky part was getting the yeast to start fermenting, which I have a few ideas on, so will try another method for that next time.

I also want to have a go at doing a roast chicken in the Dutch Oven on the Saturady night, so will be bringing along a small chicken to expereament with. Should be good, with roast potatoes & maybe some gravey if I get inspired.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Will probably choose a date for this next week, now that we have people's interest and what dates they can do. As usual it will be a case with choosing the most popular date, i.e. the one that most people can do, which includes those of us who can do multiple dates. Not sure what to do about bonfire night, as the 5th/6th sounds a popular date, so.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Possibility i can do the 19/20th as well now, have updated the list

2 Kep + 2 , can only do the weekend of the 5th & 6th (at the moment), possibility of the 19th & 20th as well now.
7 Simon H
10 Wildbill (Possibly +1)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE