Sussex Bushcraft group meet for MAY: 25th to 27th

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
I would have done Dave yeah, got some friends going I wouldn't have minded catching up with but unfortunately it clashes with other stuff for me. Thanks anyway.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Oh well, I have decided to treat myself as I missed it last year and want to go to a bunch of the Bushcraft shows this year, as well as some more wood fairs. I have booked a ticket & will be heading up the M1 in a months time.

I found this link to lots of Wood fairs in England, that are a lot cheaper & some of them are closer as well:
http://www.woodfairs.co.uk/england/

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I went to the Bently one last year, where I met Peter as I was wandering around. I really enjoyed it and want to go again this year. There is a way to camp in the wooded section but you may need to get 'pitch' as an exhibitor, but that may be doable. As it is local & not far from Lewis we should have a meet up if people are interested. The dates are 22nd/23rd of September.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Ive been to the Bentley Woodfair for the past few years, giving it a miss this year as i thought it had got very "samey", not saying it's a bad show, because it's not, just didnt see a whole lot that was new or even different from the previous couple of shows i went to, still at least last year i got meet Dave Budd, was nice to finally meet the man behind the anvil.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Canvas sack is made and stowed away for the next meet, I also made a canvas pouch for the pegs to go in, it should take
20 inch pegs, I've not made the sand filled pouch, I was thinking a tennis ball with a small hole in it, filled with kiln dried sand, that runs easy, then stick the hole with super glue.
Then Robin can make one of his nice para cord knot thingies to cover it, that is if robin would like a challenge.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Right, just spoken to Le Prevo. Leather now ordered (sorry for the delay but I ordered on Friday & we've had the bank holiday since). Will post up when it arrives

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I may try to come along on Saturday night, if that is ok with everyone else. I have missed a couple now, plus we need to sort out the "walk-in" weekend.
That is the same chute as the new ones we have been using so far this season - they seem really good so far.
Also I will have an Argentinian Spit (you can "spatchcock" a whole deer or sheep on one) to play with soon, so a large communal meal may be needed to christen it.
N

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
It would be good to see you again Neil so you are most welcome to come down for the Saturday night. It looks like this is going to be a busy one with up to 25 or so people on site (including kids) if everyone turns up. I agree we should plan the 'walk in' meet & see how many people would be interested in doing the walking in bit. June & July are both in N1, so a route that came in from that end would be good.

The grill sounds fun so let us know when you are getting it & we can think about what to put on it: a small lamb, a sucking pig maybe...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE