Survivorman Les Stroud's attempt to live off the grid (documentary)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Ah, the divorce probably explains the appearance of the place on Cribs as his pad, with only beer, berries & yogurt in the fridge. Tis a shame, they did seem like a great team.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sounds like it could well be the case, thats not much of a team sport. Still his approach to a survival programme beats the S*** out of bear grylls

I've liked Survivorman when I've seen it (not much of a TV person, a few episodes on youtube). Realistic scenarios (the ones I saw followed the pattern of a (pretend) f*ckup and then hiking out with the few scraps of gear left), fairly decent technique. I liked that he tried to make it as realistic and sane as possible, much more likely to save someone life than emulating Ursus anglia horriblis.

When I saw the off the grid programe I did wonder a bit about the long term prospects. Kids adapt, at least if they get the change before they are too old, but adults may find that they are a bit too set in their ways. But the distances were, IIRC, not too large, most of the year it would be less than an hour to get to other people.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE