Les Stroud - Off the Grid

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Kind of like Survivorman V The House that 100K Built.

for fans of Les or maybe people interested in off the grid utilities but it is not technical more light infotainment.

[video=youtube;T4qfhbgb-BM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4qfhbgb-BM[/video]

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I watched this (linked here to it?) a while ago. A good video but...how many can afford to do what he did (before his divorce)? For the power returns its not an easy option so you'd need to be very critical of your expectations from this type of system.

Well worth watching though.

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
A good watch but the wife and I had a discussion about it and reckoned if we wanted to do that in the UK it would cost close to half a mil to buy the land and get a basic set up going. Then some bugger from the council would come along and make us tear it down as it didn't meet building regulations!! :rolleyes:

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
A good watch but the wife and I had a discussion about it and reckoned if we wanted to do that in the UK it would cost close to half a mil to buy the land and get a basic set up going. Then some bugger from the council would come along and make us tear it down as it didn't meet building regulations!! :rolleyes:

The other thing I started watching (currently available on iplayer) is The House that 100K Built.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thats a good show. Down here you can still buy a two or three bedroomed terrace for £60k. I've a cousin who sold his two bedroomed ex council flat in Bloomsbury for £440k....we live in a crazy world.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Thanks for that, I just downloaded it to the PC to watch one cold and miserable evening.

Not sure if it's in the same league, it's not so much a documentary but a sort of dramatised docu/drama ... whatever. I found this film rather pleasant to watch, If only for the wonderful scenery.

[video=youtube;JUTkZ63dHiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUTkZ63dHiY[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE