Survival Kit Pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dazrick

Jul 17, 2010
Birmingham
I've got a survival kit that fits into an altoid tin but i have a few items that wont fit into it, plus I am going to add more to it so it is more comprehensive.
Such as a small multi tool, better water carriers, slightly larger fishing kit etc.
What I need is a pouch that will fit onto a belt but will be able to accommodate a decent survival kit.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Dazrick

TomBartlett

Spoon worrier
Jun 13, 2009
Madison, WI
www.sylvaspoon.com
For this kind of thing I really think it's a matter of personal preference. Maybe hunting around army surplus, charity shops and carboot sales will let you have a hands-on look at what you want. For stuff online, this looks like it might fit your needs.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
I was looking for something similar a while back, and picked up one of these at my local surplus store

TP003C.jpg

http://www.tacopsproducts.com/catalog/product.aspx?ItemCode=TP002C&SectionID=101&BrandID=3839&Family=Electronics%2fUtility+Pouch

photo4.jpg

makes a nice belt pouch, roomy and sub divided, and has room for molle expansion :)

can be found a SoF military http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/ product code : MAC479

Dazrick

Jul 17, 2010
Birmingham
I was looking around on youtube to see how peaple build theirs and saw a pouch i liked after digging around I found this
onpatro
emt1a.jpg

I also found this, while it may be a little too big it could contain an extremely comprehensive survival kit right on your belt
MAC548.jpg

Found this on sofmilitary
It can hold my mess tins too and the survival kit inside them.

Although Im leaning towards the condor EMT pouch.

Have to say 3bears, like the look of that pouch.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
have a look at the Highlander mess tins.

I am thinking of making my EDC surivial kit out of one of them, so I will have something to cook in. They smaller than a normal mess tin, but have a locking, sort of, lid.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
it has the two pouches on the front, and a full width zipped compartment behind them, useful size for phone, camera and lots of bits and pieces in the main bit

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Just remember as well, you can save a lot of space by tailoring you kit to the enviroment your likely to be in when needing it, I keep a box of the bits i have colected from variouse kits and made for differing perposes, then i pick and choose depending on where i'm going, although in the uk i tend to have a ferro,sak,fak,sola charger and mobile phone, where as in the desert i'll have dhralyte, clear plastic bags, helograph, sak, fak, beacon,ferro, each takes up differing amounts of space.

TaTanka

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 28, 2010
Texas

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
I'll take a few more pics tomorrow afternoon after work- the TOP is pretty much 2x the price of the Condor, but you'll see the difference!

as promised...

2116de0d.jpg

the inner section of the Velcro flap compartment - one main, and two subdivided sections. The back of the flap has a small zippered pocket

d0052d33.jpg

rear molle fittings- will also take a belt

f1e026bd.jpg

the largest compartment, secured by twin zippers. this one has a few features that are worth a mention. the grey cylinder is a lithium 18650 battery, there is a covered elasticated system for holding 3 'things' of this size ( normally keep a spare battery and my glowtube in here) and the built in lanyard with a micro LED light

9fd52503.jpg

also worth a mention that the sides of the zippered section are elasticated

I know it's a bit pricey at 18 quid but compared to a lot of others of it's type, I find that it's not a bad price, and the Molle on the front flap adds a world of extras...

and for TaTanka, as you liked the patch (I'm a massive geek as well as begin into bushcraft) ;)

c03279e1.jpg

TaTanka

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 28, 2010
Texas
Yes well we geeks tend to often stumble upon each other. Really like the pouch and found a place locally that sales them so may be making a trip next pay check to check them out. I think it will fit nicely on the side of my water bottle pouch.

ma40_0011.jpg

Dazrick

Jul 17, 2010
Birmingham
After Trying on my rucksack, Berghaus Vulcan, I'm not sure if I'll be able to use a simple belt attachment, unless I allow the belt to hang lower on the one side, and ideas for a leg pouch or would allowing the belt to hang lower on one side be good enough?

Dazrick

Jul 17, 2010
Birmingham
Im going away in 2 years so ill be buying my gear gradually and testing it on shorter trips.
I like that but can it hang lower than the hip belt of my rucksack, if so its perfect, if not then its useless, although I suppose the document flap would just slide under it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE