Survival fishing question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
H

High on Hex

Hi.
Anyone know whether a mozzie net could be used in an emergency to catch fish? It's a purely theoretical question i know it's illegal, unsporting etc.

Standard single, vaguely pyramid-shaped net. It could be lake, sea or river.

I'm trying to win an argument that carrying an emergency fishing kit is unnecesary if you've got a net and some cord so any answers in the affirmative gratefully received! :D

Cheers, Al.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I'm sure a mozzie net could be used in loads of ways to catch fish, the first and maybe easiest way to use it would be to trawl with it but I think I'd have a go at making a fish-trap. I usually carry a head-net (essential summer fashion up here ;)) and I reckon it's big enough to catch a few small fish as part of a simple trap.

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
It should be feasible to fashion a fish trap out of one with some flexible saplings. I doubt whether you would catch anything large with it so you would have to catch large quantities to make it viable. Probably minnows and small trout etc. about 50mm long.

Should work.

Stewey.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE