Surprises On Bushcraft Trips?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
When my dad and I are on bushcraft trips, we always have a surprise for eachother. One year I made a cake and we had a piece of cake in the middle of the woods (though baking that cake wasn't a piece of cake :lol: ). It's not necessarily food/drink: one year he had brought 2 small games to play, that was very good. :D

Do you carry any surprises for your tripmates? :pack: :biggthump

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Karen does it all the time even when she is not out with me.... She'll hide chocolate and biscuits in my pack that I find when setting up camp.
What a star :biggthump
Ed

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
While with a friend, just nocking some arrows and breaking em on hard stumps, he reached into his back pocket to retrieve his folding knife to dig an arrow out of a deadfall and discovered he had lost it somewhere on the trail. He's kinda like me in that he's usually broke and has a wife of iron fist where money is concerned :shock: (sorry honey, only kidding, you know?) :eek:):

Anyways, we searched all the way back to his truck and then searched his truck with no luck of finding his knife. However, we did find some other interesting stuff including an old bone handled and fairly rusted mini hatchet. It cleaned up pretty nice and my friend uses it now instead of his knife.

Now for the surprise, it had belonged to his father and since his pops death, the little axe was his and he had lost it out there several years before, while I was with him and while we were doing the same time honored practice of roving. :wink:

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Once I carried eight pints for three weeks as a celebration... Never again! The weight, on top of all our food, was a bit much. Very nice when we reached our final (and highest) peak - and no worries about keeping it cold!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE