Suggestions for kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bush tycoon

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2010
Essex
Hi

Just wondering if anyone can suggest some shops in the Essex area nearish Wickford or websites to get some kit that wont break the bank. Im new to the bushcraft scene. any help will be much apprieated.

Jack
(Bush Tycoon)

:)

Welcome to the site!!

If you need help on all things outdoors, this is probably the best source on the web!

There are so many knowledgeable, friendly and decent people on here :)D I'm not including myself in that, don't worry!!) I'm sure you will be able to get all the info you need!

Start small, don't rush to spend your money, find what works for you. Decent waterproofs are probably a good start and decent blade.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
now the your questions a fair one but

to answer it you need to awnser the following

tree dweller

or ground dweller

the reason for this is if your a ground dweller it will be easy

www.genuinearmysurpless.c.uk

if your a tree dweller

www.DD.hammocks.com

now then this wont get you all your gear but most of it yes

the next question is what do you all ready have cos if we know what you allready have we can suggest more

bush tycoon

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2010
Essex
cheers guys

what is a good knife for a begineer? ive seen so money ranging in prices but just wondering if someone could guide me towards a particular brand or model

bush tycoon

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2010
Essex
well kit i already have

i have a complete set of goretex waterproofs, loads of camo clothing and fleeces etc. have recently got my hands on a desert camo basher from a mate in the forces, got a 3 - 4 season sleeping bag aswell as a down filled one which my mate also gave me how ever labels are missing on it so don't know the temp range on it

oks sounds liek you mostly sorted tro try the outdoors over night etc

not that you need to etc and finding soem where to do it is some times difficult

you can Bushcraft a lot in your back garden what do you find interests you in the wide wide world of Bushcraft

most find cutting Fings and Burnin Fings :rolleyes: is the place to start

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
well the water proofs are great along with the two sleeping bags and clothes

now what you need next is a ruck sack once u have the mora

now then my advice is to get a PLCE (personal load carrying equipment) standerd issue bag from genuine army surpless

its what i use and it wont let you down

also a few dry bags would be a good idea cos wet kit is not fun in this weather

also you will need to get the rocket packs with the ruck sack to make it a full capacity of 120 litre

bush tycoon

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2010
Essex
thanks alot guys.

gonna look and order myselh a mora today and get out into the garden over the weekend and have a go at some bits and pieces. i know somewhere in the house i have some bushcraft books so will havea flick through them.

i reckon i may be able to source a army bergain through a friend.

thanks alot guys.

gonna look and order myselh a mora today and get out into the garden over the weekend and have a go at some bits and pieces. i know somewhere in the house i have some bushcraft books so will havea flick through them.

i reckon i may be able to source a army bergain through a friend.

also as your probably doing have a trawl thro here for ideas to try in the garden plenty of carving idea to get used to the Mora and make a bit of lighting wood :eek::D

if you can order a fire steel as well to go with the mora to spark up a fire dont need a fancy handle a plain rod will do

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE