suggestion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
If you have enough ladies interested in such a place I could be persuaded to change the bushcraft nutters for a ladies bushcraft section. Do you want me to arrange for the blokes to be kept out :wink:
Anyone interested in this post here.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Tony said:
If you have enough ladies interested in such a place I could be persuaded to change the bushcraft nutters for a ladies bushcraft section. Do you want me to arrange for the blokes to be kept out :wink:
Anyone interested in this post here.
It'd be a shame to deprive the 'other halfs' tho. And surely the 'other half section' could be for either gender? (I wouldn't want to be responsible for depriving any hubbies/boyfriends of bushcraft ladies of their place to vent! :wink:)

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Well, here's my 2 pence ...

There are enough kit differences alone (backpack styles, clothing, boots and so on) to make for quite a lot of discussion.

There are a lot of other potentially good topic too that could be covered too ... I can't think of another outdoor forum that has a section like that.

A

Anonymous

I'm not wanting to cause an argument but was wondering why it was felt a need for a ladies section ? There's not a Mens section and Bushcraft has no gender boundries surely. Bushcraft is for everyone kids too. The forum is for Bushcraft full stop, and if a lady has a particular question about say suitable boots or rucksacks with ladies fit then a lady can answer on the site or a man who may have some tips from their girlfriends or wives. I can't think of anything involved in Bushcraft that would be gender or age specific. No one is being deprived of anything. If you,ve got a question, need advice or have a tip etc connected with Bushcraft, and that's what the site is for, post it whether your black, white,male, female young old, disabled, abled or any other. And your answer will come from anyone of the above groups. This site is for people who love Bushcraft and a very fine site it is too with very good members of all genders and ages with a goldmine of knowledge between us. I say keep it simple and EVERYONE is welcome round the fire, on all parts of the site, from ALL groups

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Any more comments on a ladies area? I must admit that even though I agree with falling rain I also like the idea of the ladies having an area they call their own. There is a huge majority of blokes on here and even though bushcraft is for everyone it is much more popular with the chaps...In general.

If you ladies would use the area then it will not be a problem...Will it get used?

how many females have we got on the forum? (that use it)

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
It would make it a lot easier for any woment joining to find relevant postings, only have to look at the other halfs gear to see the differences between Mens and Ladies equipment.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
I think that there are many times when there is a different woman's perspective on things being discussed, but it feels unnecesary or irrelevant to the conversation to mention it. No one wants to be the one who brings women into the conversation the whole time! :shock:

I agree with falling rain ... I'm usually the last person who'd suggest segregation from the chaps! ... but it can be a useful way to encourage the ladies to share their thoughts without fear of hijacking the conversation!

(That's assuming there's any other girls to talk to! :p :wink: :?:)

Kath

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
i`m game, i love to dress up as a woman and explore my other personalities,who me ? i`m a lady, now then wheres my dpm lippie gone? these heels are killing me :-D

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
al said:
i`m game, i love to dress up as a woman and explore my other personalities,who me ? i`m a lady, now then wheres my dpm lippie gone? these heels are killing me :-D
Great! Well that makes 2 (I guess :-?)

--- Is that enough for a girl's forum yet, Boss? :p :wink:

A

Anonymous

this is my first time on here so I hope I got this right; I hate distinctions being made between men and women, I look on it as a step backward in all respects. I don't expect allowances to be made for me simply because I'm female! [pay no attention to email address - it's my husbands - I can't be bothered to change it] I expect to be treated no differently - no better or worse than a man.
No amount of equiptment differences [smutty comments welcome] should be important enough to differentiate between men and women.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I must admit its probably not a good idea to discuss womens kit in a seperate forum as the amount of cross posting between kit forums and having to split up threads into male and female would be a nightmare from a mods point of view.... I'm not adverse to a 'ladies gossip forum' but we do have forums here that cover most topics...... Personaly I think BCUK would benefit better from a 'Family Forum' everything from teaching the little ones to what you did with your other half over the weekend.
Just my thoughts.
:)
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE