suggest walking boots pls

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kieran w

Nov 16, 2013
suffolk
hi all

so I have decided to upgrade from my karrimor walking shoes to some nice leather walking boots.

But I tend to wear through the souls of shoes quite fast and I have very wide feet.

I have set budget of £100 - £150 but I am willing to pay more if I really like them :)

I would like to hear your suggestions.

Repperz

Feb 3, 2014
Tonbridge area..
Walk down to Cotswold, say what kind of thing you need your boots to able to do, try some on, and pick your favourites. Then, head home, check out some online reviews and then order them if your still happy. :)

Different makes are built for different foot shapes so try around a bit. Also take the socks you normally wear to the shop with you.

That's about it. Did the same process last week to replace my old karrimors and ended up with some Salomans. Very happy with my new boots :).

tent peg

Nomad
Jan 13, 2014
Sherwood Forest
ok since you have a nice budget, Meindl Burma are considered amongst the best in walking circles.

If you were looking at a multi propose bushcraft/walking boot, I would say take a look at the new BA issue Haix boots.

FlyingFox

May 28, 2013
South Yorkshire
I ended up at GoOutdoors with a budget, clean pair of socks, and an hour of time. Tried on so many, and then bought the pair that fitted my feet best (scarpa active)

That's the best advice I can give. Pick with your feet!

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I find it interesting you are considering an "Upgrade" from walking shoes to boots. For years I hiked in boots, but a few years back I switched from heavy boots to light weight approach shoes (Currently a pair of TNF hedgehog GTX III XCR). They are lighter in weight, which means they don't give you anywhere as much fatigue as heavier boots. They give enough support for all the walking I've needed them for (including up and down mountains in the Alps).

I would question why everyone needs the traditional "stout leather hiking boot", there are some great alternatives that do the job as well, if not better.

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE