Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi there, not posted anything for a while but have been following things hoping I'll have a weekend free when you'll meet up sometime!
Anyway, found a very fresh muntjac roadkill last week. I won't be using the hide and don't want it to go to waste.
I've stuck it in the freezer and if anyone's passing Woodbridge and would like it please pm me.
Cheers.

Hi you been a busy bunny then, be good to see you sometime :)

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Hi All,

There’s a matter that needs to be brought to our attention and all need to be made aware of.

Housekeeping

On Sunday, before John and I left Stu on his own, there was a big black bag full of rubbish and rubbish around the fire area left behind.

We all know Stu has a hearty appetite but the rubbish left behind was not all his and for him to be left the responsibility of clean up and disposal is unfair.

May I suggest the following for future meets;

1. Carry in, Carry out – what we bring in we take away, clear up pitch and general areas and thus removing the responsibility of rubbish removal from Stu or the last person to leave.

or
  2. We purchase a Dustbin Incinerator to burn off rubbish (especially plastics) away from the main fire area which can be done even when others are cooking etc.

I am sure point 1 will have no objections and/or if 2 meets with approval we buy or an alternative be found.

Your consideration to this matter is appreciated.

To save duplicating the posts can any response be in Suffolk Bushcraft Group Monthly Meeting Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th May 2014 Thanks

ATB

Kevin

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I vote for carry in carry out, it isn't nice being around the fire when people chuck a load of rubbish on the fire and smoke people out as happened a couple of times last weekend

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi All,

There’s a matter that needs to be brought to our attention and all need to be made aware of.

Housekeeping

On Sunday, before John and I left Stu on his own, there was a big black bag full of rubbish and rubbish around the fire area left behind.

We all know Stu has a hearty appetite but the rubbish left behind was not all his and for him to be left the responsibility of clean up and disposal is unfair.

May I suggest the following for future meets;

1. Carry in, Carry out – what we bring in we take away, clear up pitch and general areas and thus removing the responsibility of rubbish removal from Stu or the last person to leave.

or
  2. We purchase a Dustbin Incinerator to burn off rubbish (especially plastics) away from the main fire area which can be done even when others are cooking etc.

I am sure point 1 will have no objections and/or if 2 meets with approval we buy or an alternative be found.

Your consideration to this matter is appreciated.

To save duplicating the posts can any response be in Suffolk Bushcraft Group Monthly Meeting Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th May 2014 Thanks

ATB

Kevin

I have responded on the Meet Page.....

Please don't try to cover this up with "I vote for Carry in/Carry out" or "don't Burn Rubbish"

that's not the Root Cause of the Issue...

Its that People need to be Responseable for their Rubbish and How they leave the Site..... or any site......

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
But burning plastic on the fire when people are sitting around it just plain inconsiderate. And as there was mention of an incinerator again it is only fair for people to voice an opinion as to weather we need one or not.

Bundleman

Forager
Jan 17, 2012
Woodbridge, Suffolk
Really? Or just don't take them there in the first place. Or take them home as your packs are lighter anyway.
As much respect as I have for RM, isn't it all the small factors that add up to bigger effects?
If you're spending time out in the wilds to get closer to nature, seems lazy to me to be burning you're rubbish which is possibly reusable or recyclable.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thats a big web of an argument whats the best thing to do.. do you burn or do you not with plastic..

what ever way you dispose of plastics... it effects the environment in some way .... even if you recycle it.. first it has to be sorted...then cleaned... then it has to be ground up, then you can ad it to virgin plastic to mould/shape.. all that takes energy and machinery that has to be made....

Things like the instant drink shachet's and boil in the bags are the worst things for crating waste.. you've only got to go to a meet to see how many people use them to see how much waste is created.........

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
well my new set of 12 Arrows are made.. just got to name them now... not sure I like the all white flecthings tho....

Bundleman

Forager
Jan 17, 2012
Woodbridge, Suffolk
Hear what you're saying Stu but it's often to easy for things to get complicated with too much information. So going back to basics, when I tale my boys out to the woods, we leave nothing behind.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE