Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
hi Boys

Did you say this weekend Stu for a camp?

I will happily do the 15th April 2 days any ideas where?

Regards
Rum

yeah, this sat at orchards, I can onlty make sat night, but hey its a night out.

na no ideas were on the 15th, wonder if we can get lost somewhere lol.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
You got the majority that would be needed, The Tapr and Hammock weighs about 1.7Kgs if i remmeber right. This time of year you still need a sleeping bag in a hammock and put the Mat under you to insulate the underside of the hammock.

Cromm you mite look on the forum for group byes as I saw one resonantly for DD hammocks and tarps, it keeps the cost down a bit?

Re weight this depends on summer or winter my kite weight can drop by just under half, as winter you need more kit, my tarp and hammock are less than 3 Kg and that is about the weight of my colman tent, not including sleeping bag.
As my sleeping bag is part of a system Got-ex bad, sleeping bag and flees liner but during summer I only use Got-ex bag and flees liner, I hope this helps.

Regards
Rum

Cheers Stu and Rum,
Will try and see if I can work a trade for hammock and XL tarp and mat for one of the bows. Looking at the bivi bags aswell for in the hammock maybe??
Ta

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Can't do this weekend unfortunately, gotta work till 7pm Saturday. Can't do the 15th either as it's at the end of my two week holiday, off from the 31st march till the 15th April. Any nights during that is fine with me.

Thats a shame Ben, be good to catch up some time, I wondering about looking at may be heading to thetford ofr the weekend of the 15th,

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi, just a matter of interest where in thetford and what time do you meet, and what is ofr (off road 4x4 maybe) thanks carl

The Suffolk group is in its first couple of it meets, its just that as its a possible two night it would be good to get lost in a large wood, rather then moving on each day

and ofr is just a typo for "for". I do off road, have got a disco1 with loads of mods, and belong lo Suffolk land rover owners club.

Hi Again Suffolk lads (and lasses?). Sorry I haven't made it to a meet yet.
id just like to invite any of you who are interested, and available to come to my field archery club's Have-A-Go Day.
its on Sunday 22nd April, in a beautiful part of Dunwich Forest. Just PM me for details anyone who's up for it.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi Again Suffolk lads (and lasses?). Sorry I haven't made it to a meet yet.
id just like to invite any of you who are interested, and available to come to my field archery club's Have-A-Go Day.
its on Sunday 22nd April, in a beautiful part of Dunwich Forest. Just PM me for details anyone who's up for it.

Thank you David, I will put that in my dairy, but i don't think i'll be able to come , as the week before I am aiming to find a two nighter, and the weekend after I am Off Roading with my Landrover Club the weekend after so will be with the kids.

I am also not going to orchards due to lack of interest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE