Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I am going to the surplus man to get goodies for the tomorrow morning, will be getting some new things in stock, If you would like something from the list below let me know and I'll get it.

A set of 3 ali nesting billys, £15
Coffeee Perculator Blue, £12

Webtex head torch £11
Turbo Lighter £7
Small Green Flask 430ml £7
Bota Water bottle - like my new one £4
Leather Belt Pouch - like my one £3.50
Russia military forces, 80% wool blankets, grey in colour 150cm x 200cm £16:50

I'll also have some more Parracord 15M 3mm (£3.00), 5mm (£4.50) and 9mm (£7.50),

40 ltr Highland pro rucksack modular rucksack, if his still got them I might be able to do them for about £40 may be just under, but i will see.....

The prices are just a Guide, Once I have them I know for sure, hopefully it will be less....depends on what price I get off of him..

The Items in Green I will only get to order, due to cost,

What are the dimensions of the billy cans, Stu? I'm in need... but only if they're the right kind of size for my needs.

Diameter and depth of the outer-most can would be sufficient info!

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
What are the dimensions of the billy cans, Stu? I'm in need... but only if they're the right kind of size for my needs.

Diameter and depth of the outer-most can would be sufficient info!

Made from polished aluminium, the 6 pots/pans all nest together to store in a compact space, less than 21cm squared!

There are 3 frying pans with folding handles which double as pot lids. The 3 pots themselves have bale style handles for easy handling.

Specific sizes include:

1 x LARGE pot, 6 pint volume

1 x medium pot, 4 pint volume

1 x small pot, 2 pint size

1 x large frying pan/lid - 17cm diameter

1 x medium frying pan/lid - 15cm diameter

1 x small frying pan/lid - 13cm diameter

1 x neck closing storage bag (nylon)

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Made from polished aluminium, the 6 pots/pans all nest together to store in a compact space, less than 21cm squared!

There are 3 frying pans with folding handles which double as pot lids. The 3 pots themselves have bale style handles for easy handling.

Specific sizes include:

1 x LARGE pot, 6 pint volume

1 x medium pot, 4 pint volume

1 x small pot, 2 pint size

1 x large frying pan/lid - 17cm diameter

1 x medium frying pan/lid - 15cm diameter

1 x small frying pan/lid - 13cm diameter

1 x neck closing storage bag (nylon)

Put me down for a set. This'll enable me to do both of my boil-in-the-bag courses (meal and desert) at the same time, in the same water. Saves time, saves resources... I'm all in favour of that :)

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Coffee percolator. Leather pouch. And agree folding cup if poss Please, what coffee do I need Stu? I know it's a silly question

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Simon.....Ok billy set on list,

Paul.. Perculator is already on list, also leather pouch, I use normal ground coffee for a cafetiere, nowt special.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Put me down for a folding cup too if possible.

Would this leather pouch accommodate the Bacho Laplander folding saw by any chance (even with slight modification)? I'm looking for a belt pouch for it :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Put me down for a folding cup too if possible.

Would this leather pouch accommodate the Bacho Laplander folding saw by any chance (even with slight modification)? I'm looking for a belt pouch for it :)

I would not of thought it would of done, its only 11cm long

have a look at my mora sheath this weekend, and see what you think, I am now getting back into leather Craft...

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
1.Roman-Soldier
2.Big Stu
3. Zeon98 (David) yes please
4. RemeaviThanatos yes indeedy sounds sweet.
5. mitch66 please. would you like me to bring / make a spit rost bar?
6. Crosslandkelly. thanks.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hi, found this list to?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by tagnut69
Please Copy and Update just this Post for the Group Meal.

1.Roman-Soldier
2.Big Stu
6. Tagnut69 yes please
7. Simon
8. Jordan son of RS​

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Thanks Karl.

1.Roman-Soldier
2.Big Stu
6. Tagnut69 yes please
7. Simon
8. Jordan son of RS
9. Crosslandkelly, thanks

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
Hi guys sadly working all day in the sun yesterday has made me feel quite rough and I will not be coming down today. However I'm going that I'll feel fine tomorrow and come down in the morning. Fingers crossed. Thanks all.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi guys sadly working all day in the sun yesterday has made me feel quite rough and I will not be coming down today. However I'm going that I'll feel fine tomorrow and come down in the morning. Fingers crossed. Thanks all.

Ok hope you feel better and see you soon,

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have not been able to get the the Surplus Guy yet, he has been called out as his a fire man, hopefully will get to him, before I leave...... :(

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
How far from the meet up point is it to the wood we use? and I guess we will need to carry everything in or can we drive in and then take the cars out?

Cheers

Chris

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
the woods has access into it for loading/unloading, then most cars back to the parking area, about 700m away, hope that helps, the woods is about 1 1/4 miles from the meeting point, only about 50 meters of that is public road, the rest is farm track/ farm driveway Last 500 meters is down the side of a field.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Got back home, now had a shower.... that's the best thing about striking a camp... but I still hate leaving after a great weekend with a great bunch of guys.

Friday Started off with meeting Carl and Chris (Tagnut69) at the meeting place Colin was already at the woods making the most of the surroundings, we then made our way to the woods Colin had finished setting up, and we got our pits sorted, set up the communal area and the Latrine, Simon Turned up mid afternoon with all his gear on the Bike later, followed by Kirkland on Paul Turned up with Jordan, that night all we did was sit and chat, until bed time came,
DSC_0972.jpgDSC_0975.jpgDSC_0974.jpgDSC_0973.jpg

The next morning we all awoke to one of the loudest dawn chorus ever, that included a cookoo, what a lovely sound, some went to sleep after that, breakfast was had, and the day begin Simon and Kirkland went into the woods and made a nice natural shelter that Kirkland used that night, Myself, Chris a Colin started to make a Shave Horse, and some more seats, Carl went into Navigation practice mode and went for a walk, Paul set to work doing some campy things along with Jordan did a bit of carving,

DSC_0978.jpgDSC_0979.jpgDSC_0980.jpgDSC_0981.jpgDSC_0987.jpgDSC_0991.jpgDSC_0993.jpgDSC_0998.jpgDSC_0999.jpgDSC_1001.jpgDSC_1002.jpgDSC_1005.jpgDSC_1007.jpgDSC_0986.jpgDSC_0980.jpgDSC_0984.jpg

Carl had brought a Chronograph so that I could Check my Old HW35 and see how well it was working, as it had been sitting in a cupboard for about 25 years... so I'd put a bit of Oil into the thing and worked it a couple of times, after a number of shots we started to get a figure on the Chrono.... average was about 3.8 flb..... so some work to be done there me thinks.......

Saturday night saw the Pork spit roast in rolls, with a Eaton mess type desert..mmmm all were well fed..

Sunday morning saw a slow wake up and pack up, we finally left the site and made our way home,

It was a great weekend with some great guys, and some good activities, shame that others could not make it, hope to see you soon, The shave horse, seats, and shelter are being left there, ready for the next meet so we can expand the assets we have at the site.. :)

I have asked the Owner if we can use air guns, and do archery and the answer was yes, I will put up more details ready for the next meet, also I have asked if we can have a meet for the August Bank holiday running into the week after, starting Saturday 24th Aug to Wednesday 28th I will put up all information, once I have confirmed it with the landowner

Attachments

• DSC_0995.jpg
    DSC_0995.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 28

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE