Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
3 Nighter Mothly Suffolk Bushcraft Meeting 3rd to 6th May 2013
UPDATES IN GREEN....

This is a new site that I have not seen...

For those already in the list please can you ammend.

Booked with Woodland Weekends near Bury St Edmaunds. This will be a Three Nighter for those that want it - Meet at the .

All Welcome,Newbies, all levels of experiance, Tree and Ground Dwellers.

http://www.woodlandweekends.co.uk/

The charge is £10 for the two nights or £15 for 3 nights, (if you want to stay 1 night then I am afraid for this one, it will still be £10 the cost is being dictated by the site at the mo..) - I have just had to pay a Deposit to secure the site... so I hope its a good one... I will collect payment for the site as you arrive in Cash please.

We will be allowed to glean Wood from the site,

There will be a Saturday Night Group Meal, made this time by Kirkland as he has offered, he is offering a Curry, Thank you for the offer Kirkland.

Simon has offered to do another nights Meal as well..

Please say which you would like so the guys know how many to cater for..

This is in a Woodland that is not camped by anyone else, The toilets and Water will be back at the farm yard where there is also a shower - approx a half a mile away depending on site chosen.

This is going to be wild camping in a real woodland not on their main Campsite.... "Access to or very near where you’ll camp, depending on the weather, is possible. There is a hard, all weather track to within 25 yards of the area I had in mind for you to make your camp".

Of course Photo's and the Micky being taken is compulsory ....

And Fluffy Hot water bottles/slippers are welcome.....

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale so a meet can be a great place to get some kit..

If you plan to attend, then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meals, and how many nights your staying.

If there is any activity you would like to do, just add it to the list, hopefully someone will be able to help, or you could show someone what to do.. :).

List of Attending/ Meals
1. Big Stu - 3 nights - Curry - Simons Meal
2. SJStuart - 3 Nights - Curry - Simon's Meal (obviously)
3. Roman - 2 nights definite maybe 3 - Curry
4, mitch66 -2-nights definte maybe 3 - Curry
5. Zeon98 - 3 nights - Curry
6. Mikesmith777 - 3 (nights- provisional) (Will self Cater)
7. Reamvi Thantos - 2 nights - Curry - Simon's Meal

List of Activites
1. Spoon Carving
2. Natrual Shelter Building
3. Tarpology
4. Fire Lays & Lighting Methods
5. Use and Care of Sharps
6. Working with Dyneema/Amsteel (making Whoopie Slings)

Sounds like a great Place, Hope I can attend.

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
Hi mate looking forward to meeting you at the do. Hopefully Stu's post above addresses this point.

This is going to be wild camping in a real woodland not on their main Campsite.... "Access to or very near where you’ll camp, depending on the weather, is possible. There is a hard, all weather track to within 25 yards of the area I had in mind for you to make your camp".

Okay thanks that gives me a better idea.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
3 Nighter Mothly Suffolk Bushcraft Meeting 3rd to 6th May 2013
UPDATES IN GREEN....

Booked with Woodland Weekends near Bury St Edmaunds. This will be a Three Nighter for those that want it - Meet at the .

http://www.woodlandweekends.co.uk/

The charge is £10 for the two nights or £15 for 3 nights, (if you want to stay 1 night then I am afraid for this one, it will still be £10 the cost is being dictated by the site at the mo..) - I have just had to pay a Deposit to secure the site... so I hope its a good one... I will collect payment for the site as you arrive in Cash please.

There will be a Saturday Night Group Meal, made this time by Kirkland as he has offered, he is offering a Curry, Thank you for the offer Kirkland.

Simon has offered to do another nights Meal as well..

This is in a Woodland that is not camped by anyone else, The toilets and Water will be back at the farm yard where there is also a shower - approx a half a mile away depending on site chosen.

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale so a meet can be a great place to get some kit..

If you plan to attend, then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meals, and how many nights your staying.

If there is any activity you would like to do, just add it to the list, hopefully someone will be able to help, or you could show someone what to do.. :).

List of Attending/ Meals
4, mitch66 -2-nights definte, maybe 3 - Curry & simons meal please

List of Activites
1. Spoon Carving
3. Tarpology

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hello all, just wondered if I could join you all at this meet. It sounds like you have a great spot, and it would be great to meet you all. Here's hoping.

Atb
Colin.

No problem Colin....its a new site, and a young group, with different levels of experience, so anyone is welcome, all we ask is you join in and enjoy,

just add your name and the rest to the list:)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
3 Nighter Monthly Suffolk Bushcraft Meeting 3rd to 6th May 2013

This will be a Three Nighter for those that want it -Stansfield, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 8LN, at 13:00hrs. if you are coming at a different time I will put the details were we are.

Simon has offered to do another nights Meal as well..Thank You for the offer Simon.

(The Group meals are normally supplied but the person making them then the cost is divided between the participants.)

This is in a Woodland that is not camped by anyone else, , The toilets and Water will be back at the farm yard where there is also a shower - approx a half a mile away depending on site chosen. I am meeting with the farmer to look at the possible sites....It sounds like I have the choice of Three yet to be confirmed..

List of Attending/ Meals
5. Zeon98 - 3 nights - Any group meals. If anyone wants me to bring anything please ask
8. Crosslandkelly - 3 nights - Both meals. Can I bring anything for the pots. Thanks for the invite.

List of Activities - Can people please champion the activities, to be done on a as and when basis.. :)
1. Spoon Carving - Big Stu
2. Natural Shelter Building
3. Tarpology

Last edited:

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
List of Attending/ Meals
8.Crosslandkelly - 3 nights - Both meals. Can I bring anything for the pots. Thanks for the invite.

List of Activites - Can people please champion the activites, to be done on a as a when basis..
3. Tarpology

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
8.Crosslandkelly - 3 nights - Both meals. Can I bring anything for the pots. Thanks for the invite.

Be good to meet you Colin, glad you are joining us. i don't think you need to take anything for my pot but thank you for the offer.

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
List of Attending/ Meals
5. Zeon98 - 3 nights - Any group meals. If anyone wants me to bring anything please ask. Thanks.

List of Activites - Can people please champion the activites, to be done on a as a when basis..
3. Tarpology

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
5. Zeon98 - 3 nights - Any group meals. If anyone wants me to bring anything please ask. Thanks.

ditto zeon look forward to meeting you and no need to bring enything...unless it's cake, we love cake:)

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London

Be good to meet you Colin, glad you are joining us. i don't think you need to take anything for my pot but thank you for the offer.

Cheers, Yes it will be good to meet a word association adversary, lol. If you do need anything, let me know.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Just set up another LifeSaver bottle ready to go for the group meet (better to have it and not need it, and all that).

Saves us having to boil all the drinking water, and since I'm fairly sure we'll be having rain, we can collect it up and save some trips back and forth for more.

Also gives us an excuse to demo the thing properly... so that's always fun :)

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Just set up another LifeSaver bottle ready to go for the group meet (better to have it and not need it, and all that).

Saves us having to boil all the drinking water, and since I'm fairly sure we'll be having rain, we can collect it up and save some trips back and forth for more.

Also gives us an excuse to demo the thing properly... so that's always fun :)

Maybe it's just me but i always boil to be on the safe side but good luck with your lifesaver Simon.

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
List of Attending/ Meals
QUOTE]

Wot no Top cat and Tony?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE