Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Here it is, I may have to put a collar inside at the top to stop the feathers rustling as I walk but it does not rattle which I thought it would do.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The dye was feibing pro oil dark brown, which I have used before and on this shoulder too, but this bottle just went streaky and took ages to dry, the last bottle dried with in minutes

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Lovely looking quiver, well done. I've never used the pro oil but their dyes I have, seems funny that it stopped working? It looks go in the photos you may want to leave it how it is?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Cheers mate, I am chuffed with how the quiver its self came out, just not the finish, I might get away with giving it another coat of dye and a heavy does of boot polish. If I was to make another one I would make it of a smaller diameter, I have 11 arrows in it with plenty of room for more, 3 dzn or so I reckon

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
I had a back quiver that held about 50 ish arrows which I thought was great, but hells if it wasn't heavy, how about giving it a wipe over with a lighter dye so it has a two tone effect?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I was thinking of going the other way and going for black, as the bottle holder and pouch on my belt are black, but I do prefer brown.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Posting has just dropped off the 3 lamps, I will fill them and test them out this afternoon, better discover any leaks here rather than in the woods.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice bit of work there Chris..I do like it :)...

Did you wet the leather before dying it?.. I use that dye and have had no problems, saying that I normally do about 3 coat, one lentghways, one width ways, then a figure 8 one, wetting it between each coat..

I have got an old bottle of black that seems to have thickened up that I only use for dying the inside of things, think that was down to em using it, I put the id on but did not do it up.. saying that it seems to still work ok

what are you using to put the dye on?

Oh and try to Wax it whne the dye is still damp... :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
It definitely the dye, been using it the same as the last ones on the same leather and didnt have the same problem, it was a lot thicker and less smelly, almost like the bottom of the barrel.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
It is quite comfortable and doesn't swing around , its easy to find the right arrow too, I am glad I finally got around to making it.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Ozzy and Stu, I'm going to place an order for some oakwood bowmen tops, Del said it works out better ie cheaper. If we place a group order as the king Lynn one which he said is the better of the two, charges a standing order of £6 no matter what you get, but his work is cheaper and nicer. So I will place an order in the next two or three days if you want in? Cheers.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
That sounds good to me bud.. I am inI would liek a green hoddie and a green tee shirt.. in XXL please, do you have a price :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE