Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Two different Challenges

RAT Pack Challenge is as per the Mitch66 Post Above and my post #3919....This has been anounced... and I have also answered your question in post #3959

Responce Challenge has not been anounced and I have only spoken about it the only details I Have said, is you can use what you want... but all your kit for the Challenge must be carried in a Responce Pack or something not more the 3Ltr's in size... nothing to be carried in the pockets... the only other thing your allowed to carry is your water.

I have said that I am thinking about running the Responce Challenge in the summer maybe taged on to a long weekend...as the amount/type of kit that can be used is shall we say not good in bad weather :)

they are very diffent challenges..... and reading the thread fully does help stop frustration.

difficult to read the thread fully when there is a good dozen pages of posts over a weekend. As a result I entirely missed your reply once, almost a second time. Hence, I use quotes. ^

I have to say, I didn't enjoy catching up tonight. I think for the time being I'll stick to doing my own thing in the woods and take it from there.

I'll be lurking...

p.s.
Don't know anyone in person but my congrats to those who are expecting young ones.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
There's one of those for sale on the site at the moment, size 3 for £60 to your door Stu.

Yeah I saw that, not sure on what size untill I try Ozzys one, saying taht I got the Disco's road tax this month..:eek:, and thats after Christams

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I know endicotts have them cheaper, John has just bought one with the 10l side pockets, issued but as its endicotts thy will be in good condition

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Yeah, Think they were about £35 ish for a Grade 1, with out pockets, and about £45 with pockets, cant remember exactly, but had none in stock, but are expecting more soon that was as of Tuesday as I got an email from Kevin Endicott.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Been having a play with the new Response pack, I can get a lot in it. View attachment 28146

In the front pocket I have an 8' x 5 or 6' emergency shelter, an emergency blanket and a torch. View attachment 28147

The main pouch contains the billy from my hobo stove. Inside the billy are my Trangia, Meths bottle, folding kfs, folding cup and brew kit. Also in the main pouch are Look what we found meat balls, instant potatoes. a sachet of porridge and 4 tent pegs, not shown and a small hip flask, for medicinal purposes. The small pocket on the right has my TP,
hygiene kit, a mini FAK, fire kit and 20' of paracord. The small pocket on the left has 2 snack bars in it, with room for a packet of fags and a chocolate bar.The Mora clips nicely to the outside of the pack, but I might change that for my Laplander and put my Opinel or Svord in the pack.

View attachment 28148 View attachment 28149 View attachment 28150 View attachment 28151

I'm very impressed with what can be put into the pack, but I would like to hear your thoughts and ideas. Can't wait for this challenge

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Nice setup, with mine I put my space blankets in the pouch on the back, at the mo I only have 2 in there but could probably get 3 in

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
That looks good bud.. I am impressed with that load in such a small bag, I got to start to try to load mine up :). I got loads of ideas on how I am doing it but hey ho got to stop talking about doing things and get on with it... :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
There is on mine, in between the 2 lugswhere you attach the strap when worn as a bumbag, its velcroed at each end.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
That looks good bud.. I am impressed with that load in such a small bag, I got to start to try to load mine up :). I got loads of ideas on how I am doing it but hey ho got to stop talking about doing things and get on with it... :)

Thanks Stu, Lol I know the feeling

There is on mine, in between the 2 lugswhere you attach the strap when worn as a bumbag, its velcroed at each end.

Cheers Chris, I'll have to check mine now.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thanks Stu, Lol I know the feeling

Saying that I am either out most weekends, playing be it camping/archery/doing something Bushy, or siting on here sorting things out for the odd challenge/ meet...in some ways already got too much to do, but cant wait till I get a canoe, then I'll be paddling loads as well :)

well apart from when I see my kids.....shame I came back to it so late in life :)....

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Saying that I am either out most weekends, playing be it camping/archery/doing something Bushy, or siting on here sorting things out for the odd challenge/ meet...in some ways already got too much to do, but cant wait till I get a canoe, then I'll be paddling loads as well :)

well apart from when I see my kids.....shame I came back to it so late in life :)....

It's never too late to come back to or start something, as long as you're able. As my dad used to say "You're a long time dead."

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
I'm very impressed with what can be put into the pack, but I would like to hear your thoughts and ideas. Can't wait for this challenge

Thats looks good Colin,

In mine so far I've got two survival bags (mattress and poss. overquilt, once stuffed with leaves and foliage), two space blankets, plastic sheet (2.7m x 2.7m), hank of paracord, esbit cookset, leatherman wave multitool, firesteel and striker, spork and hygiene kit. There is still plenty of room for more.

I still need to work out some food, but I'm thinking of, boil in bag as evening meal, sachet of porridge for breakfast and some snack bars for lunch. there's still room for that in the main compartment. This still leaves one of the end compartments for a small first aid kit.

This of course will probably be revised nearer the event.

Should be a good challenge.

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Never really looked at the trangia stove before, but the size of it does appeal to me as it would fit nicely in the response pack and best of all its cheap. Obviously you need to keep the pan or pot raised up off the stove and I wondered whats the best way of doing this, should I make something or is there already something out there which does the job?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE