Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi boys, yes Stu it was the wood we were discussing . We stayed in the clearing used by others as I was hoping to meet them by chance. We didn't see anyone else. This clearing is well used and over time time the fires area has been abused, there are broken bottles and cans in the ashes. I swept it all up and will return with a spade and bury it.
I think we should choose our own area as we will keep it tidy and leave no tracé, it would make an interesting saturday activity finding a good spot.

Yeah an other place may be a good idea, i would not bury it mate we'll take a bag and remove it, best way, well i think so.

I cant make sat's at mo, friday nights easier for me.

See you all soon

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Who's up for a night out then this weekend, Colchester

Looks like Tony and I are up for Colchester thsi Friday, I am Picking him up at 6pm so will travel over then, I got some meat in the frezzer so will do a stew if both you want? Tony can we use your dutch oven please?.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just heard from Tony he says its a bit of a hike in so prob too far to carry a dutch oven, lol....... so may be next time for a stew....

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi All

Looking for would to this evening, sorry Stu but those Dutch ovens and light and it means you have not got to carry the grill :D

May bey next time we can do a stew.

Reg
Rum

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi All
Looking for would to this evening, sorry Stu but those Dutch ovens and light and it means you have not got to carry the grill :D
May bey next time we can do a stew.Reg
Rum

I ve packed now, ready for it, be good to get out, think I may just leave the grill ijn the Disco this time....... just need to get some sausage....

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Great night out last night, with great company, nice place as well, be good to se some of the pics, look forward to the next trip.

See you guys soon

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Colchester-20120818-00398.jpg
Great night out with Suffolk Group, we took pride in leaving the site tidier than we found it.

Such a shame that a large group of women camping just a short distance from our.camp left all of their rubbish, the fire still burning and little piles of toilet paper behind every tree in sight.

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
View attachment 12177
Great night out with Suffolk Group, we took pride in leaving the site tidier than we found it.

Such a shame that a large group of women camping just a short distance from our.camp left all of their rubbish, the fire still burning and little piles of toilet paper behind every tree in sight.

Yeah shame about the niose they also made that night as well... it makes me mad, and a shame people like us are tared with the same brush...... if they are there the next time i'll be saying something

Great photos, it was my birthday on the 18th so was unable to join.

Well Happy Birthday.. be good to see you at one of the meet sometime, your'd be welcome.

We will have to arrange a Friday/Sat nighter there in Sept some time.

Cam Lees

Jul 30, 2012
Suffolk
Hey all, I am new to the forum and as any of you who read my introduction post will know, am an avid outdoor enthusiast. Just wanted to get myself out there. I over about 10 miles from bury st Edmunds with loads of wild camping spots near me and if it's alright with you guys would love to join you guys on some of your outings. cheers!

Cam

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi cam and welcome to SBCG, Keep an eye on the thread as Rum says's your welcome to join us, on one of our trips out,

Think the next one could well be in the next couple of weeks to the same place we stayed last weekend.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE