Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Been a good day today at the Oakwood Site, meet up with Cromm (Steve), after a chat, we wnet to the practce butts and soot a few dozzen arrows for a while, until we started to get a bit brave and tried from differnt angles and distances, following that we moved around the site, shooting from different angles and distances at some of the other butts around the range.

Steve let me have a shoot of both his folding bows... One i liked very much, the other as soon as I got my hands on it I lnow it was not for me, very nice looking bow though, thanks for that Steve... I know whats on the want list now......

Had a great day out in the woods, lost one arrow... Think its about time I got a fletcing jig......

It was good to meet you today Steve, we will have to make another day.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Hi Stu I had a great day doing archery and chewing the fat with you today. I had a look at my arrows and found that I must of left one of mine at the club also....... I think it must be near that wild boar, I mean in the kill of that wild boar. I was going to ask you if you had a nocking point on your bow as I bought some with me for you to use. They are in my archery bag so if you want one I got the grips to put them on as well?
Cheers again
Steve

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Lol... Think we must of got carried away trying to find the worst places to shoot from... Lol..

So two arrows down....

Ive put nocking point on i got some of them, and used a pair of crimp pliers i have for coax connectors... Thinks for the offer though...

Ive been looking at the http://www.archers-review.com/bow-reviews/great-northern-critter-getter-56-58-at-28.... I sooooooo want one but cant find their site.......

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Www.gnbco.com
I had a look and a look on tradgang it looks like they don't make my bows anymore which is mad if you ask me !!
If you like the little creep bow I can see if my friend still has his so you could try that one out?
If it works out you may save £200 on shipping........

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I been a busy bunny over the last few days... Finaly got my chopper finished....

20131027_204405.jpg

Saw it at a car boot sale and thougt that it would make a nice light all round chopper/slasher..... So cleaned it up, and slung a quick sheath together

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Glad you 2 had a good time, pity I could not make it but I had our son to look after.

I like the idea of that folding bow if you look at the options on the makers site I think it is listed as a option for $195,

How was the wind up there today? we had it very still yesterday going around the 5 or 6 targets

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Glad you 2 had a good time, pity I could not make it but I had our son to look after.

I like the idea of that folding bow if you look at the options on the makers site I think it is listed as a option for $195,

How was the wind up there today? we had it very still yesterday going around the 5 or 6 targets

The wind was no problem today... Started to rain... Just before we left...

Yeah I do like the idea of a bow that folds tho..... So may well start to save... Lol

Hopefuly youll make it next time :)

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
As I said today the bows tick all boxes for me. I love the folding handle it works so well for easy on carrying and keeping safe.
If you want to go to the club for another shoot ozzy, Stu just leg me know and I will try and make it.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Yeah I do like the idea of a bow that packs down smalll....:)

Ill see what the kids are upto... Its the monly meet next weekend... I am thinking about the sunday after... Two weeks today...:)

I must admit....I do like this one... 60" tho... Put a jack kife fold in it, add the antler nocks, add the green... $950.... Then all th postage and taxes.... ?..mmmmmm still nice tho........ Would fold to 30"....... I use full lenth arrows...so not far of arrow lenth..:)

http://www.gnbco.com/great_northern_bush_bow_longbow.php

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Sounds good to me. I doubt we will get much time to play next meet as we have a load of wood th get chained up and split for the crimbo feast and I am only there for the Friday night, its firework display in Ipswich on the Saturday night.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Sounds good to me. I doubt we will get much time to play next meet as we have a load of wood th get chained up and split for the crimbo feast and I am only there for the Friday night, its firework display in Ipswich on the Saturday night.

Yeah, busy weekend, I ve been asked to go to Big Night out in melford for the fire work dispaly on friday Night for Rover Rescue... But will see if they need me... But do I realy just want to sit in a landy all night. listerning to a radio waitng for the call for assistance.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
I like the bushbow that is the next bow I would buy if I was going for a new one. You forgot the £25 charge parcel force would want as well Stu...... £790 isn't too bad for what you get.......Stop it Steve you have enough bows already........... but it would fold up small so no one would know.......

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I like the bushbow that is the next bow I would buy if I was going for a new one. You forgot the £25 charge parcel force would want as well Stu...... £790 isn't too bad for what you get.......Stop it Steve you have enough bows already........... but it would fold up small so no one would know.......

I keep looking........they have one in white ash........ In the green finish........$725... the one I priced up as a custome was $950.....but that was with the folder....

And its 57 @28....just right for me now..... My 45 is getting light...:)

But thta would mean a new set of arrows as well........

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE