Suffolk Bushcraft Group Monthly Meeting Friday 3rd & Saturday 4th Jan 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
That will be toasty warm, I think the 3 together are rated down to -45*f
yes, I think you right i should be toasty. Its a wile since I've looked at the instructions but I though it was around there but only if you had your army cold weather gear on. LOL I'm curious now will have a look and see, let you know later. Not that we will ever get down to anywhere near that sort of temperature in the UK maybe -10 /15f. You're up late everyone ok Carl

Last edited:

bryndlefly

Nov 7, 2013
essex
Mighf try making a tent like Mike did last month with a couple of walking poles and my 4x4.

Thats what I'm planning to do with my 3x3 and use my spare Tarp as a porch. I'm going to bring my thicker 15mm roll mat and the trusty vango ultralite 900 with gelert Bivvy. Will be interesting to see how it fares in colder weather. I'm debating a DD frontline hammock but having never slept in a hammock I'll be looking around for some experienced words of advice.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
At tbe meet you will see a bunch of different hammocks, probably the dd frontline, tenth wonder hornet, war bonnet blackbird.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
At tbe meet you will see a bunch of different hammocks, probably the dd frontline, tenth wonder hornet, war bonnet blackbird.

I believe I'll be bringing the Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 XLC for me to use, and the DD Frontline (without the crappy stock webbing) because (if I'm not mistaken) there's someone coming to the meet who wants to try out a hammock.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Can someone please remind me a couple of days before the meet to get the venison out of the freezer, and if we want 2.5lb or 5lb

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I'll prob Ground dwell at this one but on the bed.. but will bring a hammock in case I can be bothered to hang, I am really looking forward to this one.. and the skill share will be an interesting one :)

Can someone please remind me a couple of days before the meet to get the venison out of the freezer, and if we want 2.5lb or 5lb

Think 2.5 should be enough for a few peeps :).. I'll drop you a text as well :).

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
I'll prob Ground dwell at this one but on the bed.. but will bring a hammock in case I can be bothered to hang, I am really looking forward to this one.. and the skill share will be an interesting one :)

I will be ground dwelling again, want to try a couple of ideas I've got that will get rid of the centre pole of the Lavu, so that it gives me a little more room.

Also as its Tarpology, I've got some ideas for shelter and sleeping for the response pack challenge ( will be too cold to sleep in but worth setting up).

Looking forward to this one also, at the moment still on for the 3 nights, but then I didn't think I would be working yesterday and today, all done now and looking forward to some bushcraft presents that Santa will be bringing tonight.
I wrote and told him that I've been a good boy, so hopefully I'll get what was on my list.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hi, thought I'd have a look on here can't sleep, winds a bit strong here in king's Lynn and its not me, just thinking the tarp going to have to be low and tight if I was sleeping out tonight. Still up simon or just up.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Hi, thought I'd have a look on here can't sleep, winds a bit strong here in king's Lynn and its not me, just thinking the tarp going to have to be low and tight if I was sleeping out tonight. Still up simon or just up.

Always up, mate! Didn't get the notification of your post.

Fancy a chat, feel free to shoot me a phone call (you got my number)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Peeps can we keep this thread for chat pertaining to the Meet, and Keep general chat in the Suffolk Thread, so meet info does not get lost in the mountain of Rubbish we talk about....

Thank you :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE