Suffolk Bushcraft Group Monthly Meeting Friday 3rd & Saturday 4th Jan 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The diced venison is in 2 2.5lb bags, as it is frozen they cant be split down, the back is in 2 2 lb lots, whole bits so may be roastable

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thank you for the offer Simon, myself I think the one bag of venison will be enough for the stew on Saturday as that's a lot of meat :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I would prefer just venison this time but thanks for the offer Simon, mixed game pie on the other hand is a different kettle of fish

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hi, All.
Go on stu let him bring his Bow?

Venison Stew
1. Big Stu
2. SJStuart
3. Me
4. Mike
5. Colin. I'll bring dumplings, and Guinness.
6. carl​

simon me lights here cool :)

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
No Problem ,

I am looking forward to this one, think we could have a nice few activities on the go.. and two FULL days to play :).
I know I am bring all sleeping methods.. Ground , Bed, and Hammock, will bring my 3x3, 4x4, the East German, and the Polish lavuu..

A few axes and sharps.. I ve got three axes to Helve...a Adze to handle....a Crook Knife to Handle.... a Small Necker to refurb... just depends on how I feel to what I am doing...

I'll def be bringing my HW35, The Bow and the Catty, I ve got a sling shot as well some where.. may dig that out..

Think I may even start to practice fire starting and get a few methods totaly sussed in 2014.. ok I am good with the flint and steel, I can do it if i really need to with Bow dril, but should practice more... thinking about starting to us it as a main fire lighting method, may be even the plough and other methods. Always fanced making a natrual fire piston from wood.. you never know may well have a go at that. :)

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, i will bring my fire starting kit and i'm going to try and brush up on my fire starting skills to. would like to bring my ABC ( airgun,bow,cat ) if thats ok stu ? and for a change i'm going to try ground dwelling, in a bid to reduce my setup time, dependance on trees and resistance to wind chill, catchment. still going to cook with my petrol stove :p cozi know if daniel boone had one, he'd use it :notworthy i know this for a fact, coz stu got a petrol stove and he's the most bushcafty person i know, so im sure mr boone would use one if he was still about. later carl

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Carl.. I am not going to comment on petrol stoves apart from they have their place... which is a bigger place then Gas....IMHO...:lurk:.... I am not really that Bushcrafty... I just like playing with things to do with the outdoors....

Always good to get back to basics.. its good to practice for that just in case the zombies pinch all your gear... and your left with pocket fluff and the cotton undies you stand in.. :)

seriously hammocks to take longer the laying on the ground, and I find that sleeping on the deck has its benefits as well.. :)

I agree Mr Boone would use one.. if he was about today.....until he run out of petrol :).. but his dead...lol.

of cause you can bring your weapons Carl.. u's the man with the rules in your hand..... No 1 :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE