Suffolk Bushcraft Group March Meeting Friday 7th to Sunday 9th March 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
. Big Stu

2. Chris O

3. Toby

4.Carl

5. Colin.

6. Swallow + 2 (Fledglings TBC)

7. Chris B

8. Russell Lewis - Facebook Page.

9. Mike Smith

10. Jjessup

I'll be up on the Saturday Morning again, same as last time. Could someone post up Friday evening if you were able to get a 4x4 up there? I'm planning on bringing a box of stoves, and a load of small wood for fueling the twig burners so we don't decimate the local supply. Could be a journey of many trips...

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Dont forget Peeps... group meal venison Stew agian :)

1. Stu
2. Mike.

Work commitments may mean I wont make it till Saturday morning, will know nearer the time, but I'm definitely coming :)

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
What's the water situation on site?
Is there a stream which we filter and boil water from? Or do we need to bring our own?

I can bring a 30L drum of tap water if its needed but will need a hand to carry it.
In fact, I can probably donate the 30L drum to the group if it will help in any way. It's only ever had purified water in it.

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Just had an absolute score. A silver birch branch was over hanging the road and was cut down today. For my own convenience they seem to have cut every bit in to 12inch logs.

I presume we are all carvers, so this will come in very handy. I'll leave it in the car and whoever wants a convinent bit of fresh birch can run up and grab what they want.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Just had an absolute score. A silver birch branch was over hanging the road and was cut down today. For my own convenience they seem to have cut every bit in to 12inch logs.

I presume we are all carvers, so this will come in very handy. I'll leave it in the car and whoever wants a convinent bit of fresh birch can run up and grab what they want.

Nice one, thanks.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice one with the Birch Bud, thanks I can feel some sponage cumming on here, lol...

There is a water tap with on the way from the car park to the woods, about 600m from the woods so easy to refill :), normaly we have loads ofr the needs :)

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
List of Attending
1. Big Stu
2. Chris O
3. Toby
4.Carl
5. Colin.
6. Swallow + 2 (Fledglings TBC)
7. Chris B
8. Russell Lewis - Facebook Page
9. Mike Smith
10. Sean
11. John
12. Kevin

Visiting

jameshardy

Dec 9, 2007
canterbury
Hi there, newbie here. Basically im too scared to go wild camping in the woods on my own so I thought going with a bunch of people I dont know would be better :)

Planning to head over on my bicycle.
James

jameshardy

Dec 9, 2007
canterbury
Yes, so I see. Managed 101 miles in a day last August but luckily Im now based in Ipswich so not too bad. I think its time I update that part of my profile.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Yes, so I see. Managed 101 miles in a day last August but luckily Im now based in Ipswich so not too bad. I think its time I update that part of my profile.

LOL, thats not so far then, what kit have you got and what is your experience, just as a mater of interest, you'll be welcome, tell us a bit about yourself, and how much you have done so far.

When You thinkning about coming, is it for the day ?

Last edited:

jameshardy

Dec 9, 2007
canterbury
LOL, thats not so far then, what kit have you got and what is your experience, just as a mater of interest, you'll be welcome, tell us a bit about yourself, and how much you have done so far.

A mixed range of equipment mainly used on traditional camp sites. Light weight walking tent, slightly heavier bicycle based tent, summer down bag, winter down bag, an exped mat and a basic foam. I'd like to try a tarp tent and bivi bag combination for a more outdoors feel. My wild camping experience is very little. The odd night camped out on beaches with friends. I'd like to get some practice in of cycle-wild camp-cycle.

Id like to come along for Sat evening and night. I'll cycle over during the day. Ive got an opticians appointment early on Sat so I cant make the Friday night.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
OK, I'll put you down for Saturday Arrival, I'll PM you my Number, Have a think what sort of time will you arrive, I tend to only have my phone on at times people are arriving, meet at the Compasses Pub as its easier to find :).

jameshardy

Dec 9, 2007
canterbury
OK, I'll put you down for Saturday Arrival, I'll PM you my Number, Have a think what sort of time will you arrive, I tend to only have my phone on at times people are arriving, meet at the Compasses Pub as its easier to find :).

I should be at the Compasses pub around 1pm if thats ok. I'll message if things dont go to plan.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE