Suffolk Bushcraft Group March Meeting Friday 7th to Sunday 9th March 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SeanI

Forager
Sep 18, 2013
Suffolk
Stu,

Can you add me to the list to attend.

Mike,

Have you thought about standing on your hands or turning your monitor upside down when posting pics. ;-)

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I'd like to attend, if it's possible, but I'd need a ride from Luton (or somewhere nearby). Does anyone live in the area?

Hi Mark,

Most the guys live in Suffolk, Essex Colin live in NW london, I dont know anyone that lives in or comes through Luton

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Vicky will be happy that she is to regain a bit of space in the freezer:), shall I get out the same as last time?

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
Hi . Do any of you guys in the Suffolk group fletch your own arrows? If yes I have some large brown feathers going free. Finished making my atlatl darts and the ones left over are too small for me to use.

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
.. Being a bit of a newbie to this forum I've only just found this thread. I've been using the main Suffolk bushcraft thread to ask all the question that have already been answered. Dowt.

I'm glad the skill share is stoves. I've got a Kelly kettle that I've not used yet and am looking forward to using it.

I probably won't get involved in the group meal. It sounds lovely but I really want to make the most of the opportunity to practise some different cooking methods.

I plan to make an apple pie cooked inside a Dutch oven. I'll try and make sure there is plenty to go around.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hedgecrafter, just to let you know, it a short walk to the car from the woods, last time even the landy struggled to get to it :), I a hoping that the rain stays off for teh next week so with all the kit that may well be coming we can get most on the 4 x4's.... or its a walk in .. but apple pie sounds nice :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi . Do any of you guys in the Suffolk group fletch your own arrows? If yes I have some large brown feathers going free. Finished making my atlatl darts and the ones left over are too small for me to use.

We do, I tend to use orange and yellow as it show up better in the under grouth

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Hedgecrafter, just to let you know, it a short walk to the car from the woods, last time even the landy struggled to get to it :), I a hoping that the rain stays off for teh next week so with all the kit that may well be coming we can get most on the 4 x4's.... or its a walk in .. but apple pie sounds nice :)

No problem.
I've got a few things I'd like to bring to try out but I'll just have to make a couple of trips if its too much.
It will be nice to get out in the sticks for a while.

The misses wants to know if there is any mobile signal on site. In case there is a problem at home.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE