Suffolk Bushcraft Group Friday 6th and Saturday 7th December - Christmas Meal.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just got an email from the Land owner and this is what he has said re the trukey...

"The turkeys won’t be killed until just after your next meet, which I have as 6/7 Dec, but we do have frozen available which are half price of fresh ones for you. I have 5.5kg or 6.5kg @ £5/kg. I also have double breast rolls that weigh about 4kg, again at £5/kg, and as I have some wings and drumsticks left over you can have as many as you like foc, especially the wings. Let me know what you think."

I would imagen that the Drumsticks and wings offer would be if we have a turkey :).. shame they are not fresh..

Then finished off the email....

"I’m glad you enjoy visiting the farm so much, and will be delighted to show you some other woodland destinations for your Boone challenge next year.

I hope I’ll make it for that drink and chat soon".

So all is good :)

Andor

Jun 21, 2012
Cambridge
Hi Stu,

I cannot see the list. Could you please send it. Thanks.

I will not be able to stay overnight. Though looking forward to the next meets in the new year.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The list of people, may go up still, my wife is back at work tonight and is going to ask for the weekend off.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just looked at the attendees list. Sixteen, we're gonna need a bigger bird. 15 pound I'd guess.

Christmas pudding price. we'll need two. http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=254991220

Turkey price. http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268369130

Ham £10.00

Thank you for the prices Colin...

One thing we have got to agree on is the turkey... which one

Tescos frozen @ £3.78 per Kilo

or

Phils Farm frozen one @ £5 .00 per kilo including free Drumsticks and wings...

lets put it to the vote, Closes Wed Midday, think that's Fair way of deciding.

Copy and paste the following and add name under option

Tesco's

Phils Farm Frozen...
1. Big Stu

Can we have the other Costs by Wednesday Midday... We need to finalize the costs..... :)

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
If it got to be frozen, then I think we should support Phil.

Tesco's

Phils Farm Frozen...
1. Big Stu
2. MikeSmith777

All that seems to be left on the food wanted front is Cheese and Gravy, Put me down for that and I'll post price over the weekend

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Sorry guys, a frozen Turkey's, a frozen Turkey. I only like the white meat anyway.

Tesco's
1.Colin.

Phils Farm Frozen...
1. Big Stu
2. MikeSmith777
3. Chris
4. Kevin

Broomstickize

Forager
Jul 28, 2011
Suffolk, UK
Hey, after a bit of back and forth on the phone turns out I'll have a new job in the new year.
Been off here until I knew whether it was going to happen before xmas (I'd have been in S Carolina on the meet weekend!).
Now it's sorted I can start getting prepped - Gentlemen your port is safe!

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hey, after a bit of back and forth on the phone turns out I'll have a new job in the new year.
Been off here until I knew whether it was going to happen before xmas (I'd have been in S Carolina on the meet weekend!).
Now it's sorted I can start getting prepped - Gentlemen your port is safe!

Well done on the new job, hope it works out :),

Good to know your still coming to the meet, please let me know the cost of the port so we can add it to the meal :)

SeanI

Forager
Sep 18, 2013
Suffolk
Stu, I have found some lumpwood charcoal for £10.99 for 10kg. Not sure if you want that or brickets, still looking out for costs on that.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
My Coleman is fixed. Irritatingly, the c clip thing jad fallen through the hole and was hiding in the only bit I didn't strip down! It will be there to light the Christmas celebrations.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Stu, I have found some lumpwood charcoal for £10.99 for 10kg. Not sure if you want that or brickets, still looking out for costs on that.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Nice One the brickets are better and easier to use with Dutch Ovens, so would perfer them, and they last longer i think..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE