Suffolk Bushcraft Group Friday 6th and Saturday 7th December - Christmas Meal.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
My Coleman is fixed. Irritatingly, the c clip thing jad fallen through the hole and was hiding in the only bit I didn't strip down! It will be there to light the Christmas celebrations.

Thats good news :).... live and learn......lol :)

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Carrots: £1
Parsnips: £1.50
Sprouts: £2 (2 bags will be needed, they aren't very big)
Gravy: Free (I've got a surplus of gravy stock)

Cooking foil: Free (ended up with nearly a dozen rolls I didn't know I had)

I'll bring a washing up bowl too!

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Carrots: £1
Parsnips: £1.50
Sprouts: £2 (2 bags will be needed, they aren't very big)
Gravy: Free (I've got a surplus of gravy stock)

Cooking foil: Free (ended up with nearly a dozen rolls I didn't know I had)

I'll bring a washing up bowl too!

Ok bud thank you.. will the sprouts be £4 total.. ie £2 each bag?

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Cheese - cheese board at Tesco - £6 (Either 5 varieties of British or 5 of Continental, the choice is yours.)

I personally do not eat cheese, so depending on numbers that do, whether 1 or 2 is required?

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Cheese - cheese board at Tesco - £6 (Either 5 varieties of British or 5 of Continental, the choice is yours.)

I personally do not eat cheese, so depending on numbers that do, whether 1 or 2 is required?

I would say 1 of each..lol.. but I like cheese :), lol.... I wonder if I can source some Quince jam...mmmmm... me thinks....???... I know hard thing to do....lol

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
I've just been told that we are using our silver Christmas tree this year, so I could bring along a 6' artificial green tree, if that's what we want.
I did suggest to my wife that the guys may want a real tree, and at the end of the meet we can cut it up and burn it, but she has said that that would be bad luck and we don't want that.
I have also been into the 99p shop in Clacton and purchased 4 sets of battery operated lights, so with some spare tree decorations that we have, that's the tree obtained and decorated.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I've just been told that we are using our silver Christmas tree this year, so I could bring along a 6' artificial green tree, if that's what we want.
I did suggest to my wife that the guys may want a real tree, and at the end of the meet we can cut it up and burn it, but she has said that that would be bad luck and we don't want that.
I have also been into the 99p shop in Clacton and purchased 4 sets of battery operated lights, so with some spare tree decorations that we have, that's the tree obtained and decorated.

Sweeeeeeet... :) nice one...

Broomstickize

Forager
Jul 28, 2011
Suffolk, UK
All,
I'll grab 2 bottles of Port as this means there should be a tipple for everyone (if my maths is correct: typical 100ml measure of port x ~15 = 2 x 750ml bottles).
If everyone agrees, I'll nab one at a fairly low price and another slightly higher. Total cost for the group would be £25 as I'll pick up the tab for any difference. I'll bring a spare from the Christmas pantry in case we get carried away too - I have a heavy pouring hand!
Thoughts?
Chris

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
All,
I'll grab 2 bottles of Port as this means there should be a tipple for everyone (if my maths is correct: typical 100ml measure of port x ~15 = 2 x 750ml bottles).
If everyone agrees, I'll nab one at a fairly low price and another slightly higher. Total cost for the group would be £25 as I'll pick up the tab for any difference. I'll bring a spare from the Christmas pantry in case we get carried away too - I have a heavy pouring hand!
Thoughts?
Chris

Thank you Chris.... I think 2 Bottles is grand.... :).. unless we have a lot of non drinkers or a lot of heavy drinkers :).

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
All,
Thoughts?
Chris

I'm intending to bring a bottle of 20 year old Grahams... but that'd be my treat (mainly as I'm sure to drink the majority of it myself anyway)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
As per the Opening Post..

"There will be a closing date for attending this one so we can finalise every thing.. Sorry but NO late bookings...last date for the list will be 15th November. And 22nd November when the meal fee will be due to allow numbers to be finalised."

Please Post name down by Midnight 15th November 2013...

Costs for the items are coming in now, please make sure that I have a Cost by Midday on Wednesday, I will then add up and put a cost for the amount of people attending... to save messing about as numbers go up from then till Friday I suggest the cost for the meal stays fixed.

I think 50% cost for under 16's is fair, I hope you agree..

Chris, can you get payment details via PM to the attendees please... :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Andor has offered to make some Malted Wine... the cost for this will be £25 to £35.. that should give us about 2 glasses each...

what is your feeling.. I will go with the majority... may be 1 glass each.. ?

I dont want to go to mad on the costs...

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I think for booze we are going to have enough especially if people are all bringing a bottle, must remember we are in the woods with a fire going, not sat at home in front of the telly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE