Sub Zero Work Boots?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Would love some sorrels but were on a tight budget. Thanks for the advice the seelands do look pretty good for 55 but when I clicked buy on Scott country they were suddenly 100! Going to spend more time researching anyway and will check out tamarak cheers

Dreadhead

Thanks for the links Dave :) that first link was sent to me by Orric the other day which led me onto the boots in my other links above i am leaning towards something like that as they are easy to slip on and off which is handy but shall keep looking!

Dreadhead

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Mate they're made by Mil Tec. The company also sell these though which aren't Mil Tec and at least have a temp rating...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANADIAN-...ATHER-PROTECTION-BLACK-UK-3-13-/300621723801?

Hamish. I have these very boots and they were toasty warm down to -34c last year in Sweden. I can thoroughly recommend them. To beef them up a wee bit get some thick felt insoles (or 2 thin felt ones) and they'll rock. Take the liners out each evening to air and Bob's your uncle.

Dreadhead

thanks Dave that's perfect! great to have some first hand advice. how did you find the sizing? the reviews on amazon all say go a size up or is it OK to get your regular size?

Hamish. I have these very boots and they were toasty warm down to -34c last year in Sweden. I can thoroughly recommend them. To beef them up a wee bit get some thick felt insoles (or 2 thin felt ones) and they'll rock. Take the liners out each evening to air and Bob's your uncle.

rb1985

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 26, 2010
newcastle
have a look at skee tex boot and field boot, very well thought of by sea fisherman. they are stocked in fishing shops so you can try them on for size. cost around £55 but can be found cheaper.

Dreadhead

i like the look of these lowa boots, and i can tell you they will last a long time, my soles have worn through but he boots are fine...;)

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/hunting/2013/07/best-hunting-boot-2013-lowa-tibet-gtx-hi

expensive but they will last mate, and be warm too...

regards.

chris.

ah too far out of my range im afraid :(

have a look at skee tex boot and field boot, very well thought of by sea fisherman. they are stocked in fishing shops so you can try them on for size. cost around £55 but can be found cheaper.

nice they do look pretty good, will keep an eye out for them.

I went with regular size and they are fine

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

nice one reckon i will go with my normal size then, as i don't want boots that are too big and clumsy

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
H i Hamish.
Didn't see this post before now.
What size are you?
I do have a pair of almost unused (extreme) winter working boots laying around.
I never use them, so if you are in the area you can have them for free. I think they are a size 44/45. With loose inner liner.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE