Stuff to carry on the Tube in London

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
With or without "training" may I suggest there are few who can say with any conviction how they will respond when the pressure drops and smoke fills the carriage.

K

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
'With or without "training" may I suggest there are few who can say with any conviction how they will respond when the pressure drops and smoke fills the carriage'.

No truer statement written.....I have seen more than a few WITH TRAINING that when the brown stuff hits the rotating thingy it's the opposite end of the body from the brain that does most of the work.

D.B.

sandbag47

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 12, 2007
northampton
I'd say the best thing to take on the tube with you is a sense of perspective and make sure you have a valid ticket

I agree you definitely need a ticket, makes life so much easier when leaving the station.

Last edited:

t1234

Jul 27, 2010
sussex
I live in London and use the tube often, I would never think to take anything different than if I was walking to the bottom of the road.
Assuming you have a smart phone with a torch function, I'd suggest using google maps to download an offline map of London to your phone, worst happens and you need to walk somewhere you can use phone without signal.
Avoid rush hour because the tube is rubbish when packed and take the bus where possible, nowadays with apps like citymapper you can find routes easily enough and buses announce each stop as you go so its not like the good old days where you have to ask the driver to let you know when to get off :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE