Strikers. (I'll never learn.)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Granite Head

Nomad
Aug 16, 2011
Dublin Mountains
Good question, and one I've asked myself!

I think (but I'm not sure) that if you're purchasing goods, then the seller gets charged the fees, which amount to 3.4% + 20p. (e.g. if the goods cost £5, to make sure ged actually receives £5 I would have to send £5 + 17p + 20p = £5.37). I'm not aware of any way for the buyer to elect to pay the fees. In this case I think we're going to need to add the fees to the amount we pay to Ged, else the fella is going to lose out, which isn't good for ged's bank balance, or for the future of group buys!

If anyone knows the score, please tell!

Deleted Post.

Last edited:
You can send it "Personal" - "Money Owed" and elect to cover the fee - that way you can be sure of the amount ged receives.

which is against Paypal policy and i think the Forum policy as it is defiantly Goods

usually ther isnt a fee for Personnal payments and you dont get the persons Address as there is no goods to send to it

you do get a fee if the money comes totally from a credit card if there is money in the paypal account there is no fee either way the fee is to cover an immediate draw on the card

I assume GED has asked for the amount he wants to be paid and has taken fees into consideration

I usually round up as if you d o the exact amount

as in Cave dewllers example below

I think (but I'm not sure) that if you're purchasing goods, then the seller gets charged the fees, which amount to 3.4% + 20p. (e.g. if the goods cost £5, to make sure ged actually receives £5 I would have to send £5 + 17p + 20p = £5.37). I'm not aware of any way for the buyer to elect to pay the fees. In this case I think we're going to need to add the fees to the amount we pay to Ged, else the fella is going to lose out, which isn't good for ged's bank balance, or for the future of group buys!

you pay £5.37 they then take 3.4% of that 18.26p and 20p = 38.25p fees means the seller gets £4.987

not a lot at this end but can catch you out if its a lot of items and or a higher value

ATB

Duncan

Last edited:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
It appears that at least one member of the group buy has sent a PM to me which I have not received.

If you have sent a PM to me with address details etc. as requested in my post number 61 in this thread and NOT had a reply from me with my Paypal address please send the PM once again.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
The person using the forum ID "Rich_" has been dropped from the Group Buy.

If that person is reading this, I do hope that you will grow up soon.

ged

Jul 16, 2009
Update:

Sent details and paid:

Alan Whelan
beachlover
chas brookes
Elines
ged
hiho
kard133
Kold
Mesquite
mikeybear
PeterH
Rigel
roger-uk
yeha

Sent details, not yet paid:

Cave_Dweller 3
Smith28 4

Yet to send details and pay:

Chiseller 2
dave53 2
Granite Head 2
johnnythefox 1
luckylee 2
munkiboi182 1
shaggystu 4
stew 2
the interceptor boy 2
woodstock 2

Removed from the GB:

Rich_

ged

Jul 16, 2009
Update:

Sent details and paid:

Alan Whelan
beachlover
Cave_Dweller
chas brookes
Elines
ged
hiho
kard133
Kold
Mesquite
mikeybear
PeterH
Rigel
roger-uk
yeha

Smith28 4

Chiseller 2
dave53 2
Granite Head 2
johnnythefox 1
luckylee 2
munkiboi182 1
shaggystu 4 -- Stuart, if you like I can bring these to the next meet just to make sure you turn up. :)
stew 2
the interceptor boy 2
woodstock 2

Removed from the GB:

Rich_

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Update:

Sent details and paid:

Alan Whelan
beachlover
Cave_Dweller
chas brookes
Elines
ged
hiho
kard133
Kold
Mesquite
mikeybear
PeterH
Rigel
roger-uk
yeha

Smith28 4

Chiseller 2
dave53 2
Granite Head 2
johnnythefox 1
luckylee 2
munkiboi182 1
shaggystu 4 -- Stuart, if you like I can bring these to the next meet just to make sure you turn up. :)
stew 2
the interceptor boy 2
woodstock 2

Removed from the GB:

Rich_

I'll drop you a pm in a moment once I've filled the form in. :D Sorry for the delay - didn't realise that it was ready to move on a bit! :D

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Sorry Ged, I must have misread somewhere ? I thought you were pm ing the form cost etc ?
I don't have paypal account but can pay via paypal if I get a link ? Or bank transfer ? Cheers

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Update:

Smith28 4

I believe I sent the money as soon as I saw you were accepting payments! :confused: I'll check paypal now. Sorry if I haven't mate, I totally thought I had.

EDIT - Aye, payment is coming up as completed. Could you have another look at your end? If not, PM me and I can give you the payment details and such.

The note on the payment was "Hey buddy. Smith28, Sam Smith here. Cheers"

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.....shaggystu 4 -- Stuart, if you like I can bring these to the next meet just to make sure you turn up. :)......

blackmail........i like it!

i'll take you up on that ged, been waiting all week for someone to buy something off e-bay so i don't have to put real money in the paypal account(internet money's different to real money in case you were wondering:rolleyes:). if i can give you cash when i see you that'd be great:) extra excuse to go camping's never a bad thing either, but don't tell gemma i said so;)

Current list (Woodstock didn't put in a quantity, for now I'm assuming it's one off.)

We're up to 45 total if my mental arithmetic still works:

ged 4
shaggystu 2
roger-uk 3
elines 1
Beachlover 2
Chas Brookes 3
Smith28 2
PeterH 4
Alan Whelan 3
stew 2
hiho 2
Cave_Dweller 3
Mesquite 2
the interceptor boy 2
Rich_ 1
luckylee 2
Chiseller 2
Yeha 4
woodstock 1

I've been in touch with the seller by PM today, he's waiting for a delivery and expects it to be another couple of weeks or so. Customs might (a) slow things down a bit and (b) reduce the discount he can offer to the Group Buy but we'll find out about that when the time comes. Mark tells me that the ones he sells are the same as the firesteel.com ones mentioned by Jim from Hawaii.

Hi everyone
The Super Alloy Strikers have finally arrived. I kid you not, this order was b****y hard work. My bank took nearly 3 weeks just to send the money to the supplier (red tape and all that c**p), and as for UK customs … well god bless every one of them!
Although the purchase prices of everything I ordered has shot up in price, I’ll shoulder the increase I am going to have to make and honor the old price for anyone on this Forum, but only for short while, perhaps for a week or so. If you contact me directly by phone or email I can quote you on the old prices and do a better deal on P&P.
Cheers for your patients,

Hi everyone
The Super Alloy Strikers have finally arrived. I kid you not, this order was b****y hard work. My bank took nearly 3 weeks just to send the money to the supplier (red tape and all that c**p), and as for UK customs … well god bless every one of them!
Although the purchase prices of everything I ordered has shot up in price, I’ll shoulder the increase I am going to have to make and honor the old price for anyone on this Forum, but only for short while, perhaps for a week or so. If you contact me directly by phone or email I can quote you on the old prices and do a better deal on P&P.
Cheers for your patients,

Just caught up with what’s going on … the early bird catches the worm!
I’m here if you need any more.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I'm baffled now :confused: I thought Ged was organising this group buy ? That's who my pm with details went to.

1f651dbf-4b9b-e57b.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE