Strange poo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Les Marshall

Life Member
Jan 21, 2004
Chichester West Sussex
Can anyone identify this dropping? I have found it in my garden and cannot quite identify it.
121stMay100929.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'd be tempted to go with fox at that size, I'm no poo expert though lol

There looks to be hair and small bones in it, do you fancy breaking it apart for a proper autopsy ?? :D

Do you get foxes close to the house where you are ?

Les Marshall

Life Member
Jan 21, 2004
Chichester West Sussex
We do get foxes, but never had one "dump" in the garden. plenty of hedge hogs though. Also get the odd deer walking down the main road very early in the morning as I live at the foot of the Sussex Downs.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Clearly a fox - i wouldnt smell it fox scat is very distinktive as said above but its also seriously nasty!
Typically shaped, was it close to a slightly raised bit of ground or an object - or just in the open - fox tend to put there waste on display for all to see! Nice!

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
I would be suprised about the idea of fox scat scaring away brock, they can co-habit but i suspect only when the badger wants to, also i have seen latrines in large badger setts which are in collapsed entrances and still part of the network (probably unusual) but thats not quite the same to be fair. I have seen badgers marking entrances to rabbit burrows again hard to explain - although they can take rabits at some times of year so may have been marking a resource or just been spitefull to the bunny who probably got sticky paws coming out.

I think i would be tempted to have a widdle around the area in the evening to persuade foxy to not leave you to many more. Once they get a taste for the area it can be a bit iof a pain to get rid of them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE