A stove from ... Argos!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich outdoors

Jun 3, 2017
Catalonia
No, not the catalogue shop! I succumbed to the purchase of another stove. It is a Trangia Triangle lookalike in titanium made by a brand called Argos. I picked it up from the well know Chinese website named after the bloke with the 40 thieves! Having now tried it, I thought I'd share my experience of it.

It fits together well and has a small platform for your alcohol burner which can also double up as a platform for a hexamine or esbit block, it has two height positions so you can use the lower for the alcohol burner or the higher position for a solid fuel tablet.
BCUK_ARGOS01.jpg

BCUK_ARGOS02.jpg
BCUK_ARGOS03.jpg

The Trangia burner is a snug fit and it seems to be a bit smaller than the Trangia Triangle which has the advantage that my Toaks 750 pot will sit comfortably on top with no need for tent pegs, which I have heard is not the case with the Trangia. The bag it comes in is a rather strange velvety material but seems strong enough. All in all quite a nice little stove. I put have put it through its paces on the kitchen table, and took it out in the field on a rather chilly Sunday morning, here (you may want to cut to the chase and skim over the first couple of minutes):

It is slightly cheaper than the Trangia, but also seems to have a size advantage. As for how robust it is, it seems ok for the moment, time will tell!

All the best,

rich.

Reactions: Crowe

rich outdoors

Jun 3, 2017
Catalonia
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember reading that Trangia weren't the first to use this design. Esbit have something similar for sure. And the clik stand, although a bit different, is a similar concept.

rich outdoors

Jun 3, 2017
Catalonia
Ah, now I understand, my burner is trangia, the Argos titanium stove doesn't include a burner, just the bits in the first photo. Even so there are a few trangia lookalike burners around on the Ebay and chinese sites. I would imagine that if trangia ever did have a patent it has long since expired.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
I have the esbit triangle version of this I use sometimes instead of my Hexi stove. Although the Hexi stove is a better fit for the mug it’s a useful back up.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Does not Trangia have it patented?

That doesn't mean much to Chinese manufacturers, a few subtle changes is all it needs. And patents run out, hence the glut of Jetboil type stoves that have appeared. The Alpkit Jackal is excellent for the money, as an example.

Reactions: TeeDee

Tigger004

Feb 27, 2011
Northants
Many thanks to Rich Outdoors, I have several trangia burners and windshields/stands, All these have their flaws in use, especially if they are too close to the ground in winter,
Anyway, I decided to buy a Vango trangia triangle after all these years and they are now no longer being manufactured, prices of remaining stock have rocketed. During my search I found this post and ordered an Argos ti shield, excellent stand, I had trawled the afore mentioned store with no success. So thanks again Rich

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
They are all rip offs of the Clickstand which a nice chap over in the US still markets.

I've the steel version but have moved onto the Ti one since I am at heart a victim. The roll up wind shield has two size settings aimed ar two specific sizes of Evernew pot and works really well.

ATB

Tom

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Cool gadgets, I have one problem with most of them, the base is just not wide enough for stability. A tripod stabilizer would be a nice addition, I have managed to tip a std Trangia when it was on soft ground by stepping next to it. Probably not very difficult to bend one from 3mm wire but still an extra.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
They are all rip offs of the Clickstand which a nice chap over in the US still markets.

I've the steel version but have moved onto the Ti one since I am at heart a victim. The roll up wind shield has two size settings aimed ar two specific sizes of Evernew pot and works really well.

ATB

Tom
Pity there isn't a UK supplier as I had mine stolen last year and want to replace it

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
If you are worried about a trangia burner close to the ground:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE