Stove Fuels

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thats more like it, although Dutch ovens are overrated IMHO, I prefer big stainless steel stock pots which perform as well and are maintenance free :)

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I love Dutch ovens and have 2 of the smaller 4 Litre size. I usually make stuff like Goulash, Curry or Green Thai curry in them on a static camp. They are enough to feed 12-14 people with a good bowl full and usually one pot will be spiced hotter and the other milder to suit everyone in the group.

Next year I will be getting a larger size pot and attempt a roast joint type meal.

I always re-season my pots at the start of the year in the oven to add a new layer but my pots are taking ages to get a good coat on. My fry pan however is getting nice and slick as I use this a lot at home as well as camping.

Steve.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
My fry pan however is getting nice and slick as I use this a lot at home as well as camping.

A good fry pan is a thing of beauty...

IMG_0092.jpg

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You dont get much more maintainance free than a Dutch oven if you use em properly. You're not supposed to use detergents with em you know?

Cheeky **** Can't be asked flaffing about with them, SS pans, use them, wash with whatever you like and put away; leave for years but you'll still be able to use them straight off. I've still got a couple of DO @ 6 and 4pint IIRC (I do like enamled ironware, love my Le Creuset pans). I love the idea of DO's but reality...different but millions love them so its all horses for courses.

Back a few posts talking of pumps on stoves, this bit of fibre glass really helps soak up the extra primer and give that extra boost so you can leave the pump at home. This worked fine at around -10c last winter.

DSCF5012Custom.jpg

I use a bit of copper wire to hold in place which you can't see in the photo, the chain is off the stove key.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
From the sublime to the ridiculous. I'm sure all stovies will be delighted with this
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChefCrash1#p/u/3/wBNVeWoMDlM

Get the jet size correct and it would be an ultralight white gas stove:)
Be a bit dodgy on the trail though. Illustrates what gives more complete combustion.

This ones not lol. I've a Taykit, couple of Stesco and a Handy petrol coil burners and they don't get used but a home made meths coil stove holds no appeal for me. I have a real fear of coil stoves, sold my Borde, irrational perhaps but... There is another guy makes meths/coil stoves using glass jars as the tank.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE