Stove build - If only I had the skills............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I do like these home made stoves, I often think about making one but know the it'll never finish it and then it will jut kick about for a while with me telling myself I'll get back to it soon!
I think these guys are great and everyone that makes cool things like stoves etc, there's some very skilled people about...

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
For 20 years, I had a good moonlight job doing stagecraft for live dance theater.
Became very familiar with masks, props and body armour pieces made of thin sheet metal & piano wire.
I believed that they all had to look as good at hand-shaking distance as they would look to the audience.

Scissors, all kinds of thin box card sheet (crisps, crackers, cereals, etc) and a big hot glue gun.
Case of thought provoking beers.
Do some sketchy drawings. Build a full scale model with card and hot glue.
Easy to rip chunks off and splice in new stuff.
Take my cardboard model apart and clone the pieces in metals.

I'd do exactly the same technique if I had to have a stand-alone stove = build the model.
Sheet metal, pop rivet gear ( 1/8" and 9/64" drill bits) clamps and bolts.
Take my cardboard model apart and clone the pieces.

I see many examples here in the BCUK forums where some stamped sheet metal junk has been repurposed
as the basic framework for a stove. I admire those things most of all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE