Still waiting for web site to accept straight posts?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

realearner

Forager
Sep 26, 2011
kent
I see the web site is being up graded, however I hope that when it is revamped I can post and become involved more with the forum, and I would like to do more courses and meet more of the members etc etc.
Again I have posted but to no avail, feel like I am being snubbed.. I know this is not the case, but how many others are you loosing ???

Here's hoping for a better site shortly.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I don't understand when you say you feel like you are being snubbed. Most of your posts are closed remarks made in other threads which don't require or are difficult to respond to as a singular post. I'm sure if you started a thread or asked a question there would be many responses to you. The forum upgrades won't and don't affect any of us accessing posts and responding in anyway at all and won't affect your ability to post more correspondence and start conversation, only you can do that. Go for it, don't wait.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I don't understand when you say you feel like you are being snubbed. Most of your posts are closed remarks made in other threads which don't require or are difficult to respond to as a singular post. I'm sure if you started a thread or asked a question there would be many responses to you. The forum upgrades won't and don't affect any of us accessing posts and responding in anyway at all and won't affect your ability to post more correspondence and start conversation, only you can do that. Go for it, don't wait.
I cannot improve on that reply :)
BUT
Now you have started a tread that provokes direct answers then I am sure you will find more people reply to you - you are not being snubbed or ignored, it is just that it is as JD says above :)
Enjoy the site :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I see the web site is being up graded, however I hope that when it is revamped I can post and become involved more with the forum, and I would like to do more courses and meet more of the members etc etc.
Again I have posted but to no avail, feel like I am being snubbed.. I know this is not the case, but how many others are you loosing ???

Here's hoping for a better site shortly.

Just looking at your post and where it's been posted makes me wonder if you're refering to the Bushcraft magazine forum... not actually this forum.

Either way Jonathans and Johns comments are valid for what ever forum you're refering to :)

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
I believe he is referring to the Bushcraft Magazine forum which has been having problems. No snubbing is meant or implied. We are actually going to be removing the Bushcraft Magazine forum shortly and concentrating our efforts forum wise here, at our little corner of the best UK bushcrafting forum. It seems silly to duplicate efforts and divert peoples attention to multiply forums all saying the same thing.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
That sounds like a very sensible move Paul. I always felt slightly guilty that I so rarely visited the Bushcraft Magazine forum, but there are only so many hours in a day, critical mass and all that. I can keep up-to-date more easily now! Best of luck, Dave

realearner

Forager
Sep 26, 2011
kent
Just looking at your post and where it's been posted makes me wonder if you're refering to the Bushcraft magazine forum... not actually this forum.

Either way Jonathans and Johns comments are valid for what ever forum you're refering to :)

Yes that's right, never had a problem on this forum, and it is the only way I have found of getting a response from bushcraft magazine. However the replies here have helped and ad from others I see it can make sense to include it on this site.
Sorry if I offended anyone, no malice or insults were intetended and I apologise if I did.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Your post contained no malice or insults at all, so don't worry about that. Obviously some of the replies were based on the misunderstanding that you were talking about BcUK. That's what can happen when alot of use don't browse the forums individually, but hit the 'New Posts' button all the time instead.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE