Still can’t post pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PoppyD

Jul 18, 2021
Stourton
I’ve moaned at dad to make me a full member so I can post pictures of my doings and stuff. He has done this. But I still can’t. He has a little button and an Attach Files box to upload directly. Mine is still the same as it was before :blue:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I’ve moaned at dad to make me a full member so I can post pictures of my doings and stuff. He has done this. But I still can’t. He has a little button and an Attach Files box to upload directly. Mine is still the same as it was before :blue:
You’re membership hasn’t upgraded, probably because all the admin staff are at The Moot and completely drunk.;) See the Report button under your post? Toggle that, it’ll highlight the post in the Mods Bar and Grill backstage rather than hoping someone sees it on the forum.

Reactions: PoppyD

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I use Tapatalk app, really easy, and you don't need full membership to upload photo, just size limit, and can upload about 40 images a month free limit. @JonathanD could have saved yourself £15 :)

Last edited:

PoppyD

Jul 18, 2021
Stourton
You always have to exaggerate with the amount of Poppy’s involved in any one thing. And I was very patient and didn’t bother anyone except you twice or a bit more. Thank You Tony :thankyou:

Anyway I can post pictures now and my first act will be shaming you by showing the world what you did to your knife :doh:

1717065A-E956-40B7-A8FE-B28C8CA14ECA.jpeg83356272-6190-4DA6-A421-1415FDEDB415.jpeg

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
You always have to exaggerate with the amount of Poppy’s involved in any one thing. And I was very patient and didn’t bother anyone except you twice or a bit more. Thank You Tony :thankyou:

Anyway I can post pictures now and my first act will be shaming you by showing the world what you did to your knife :doh:

View attachment 67874View attachment 67875
Those are big chips :-/ looks close to a saw now than a knife :)

Last edited:

PoppyD

Jul 18, 2021
Stourton
How many do you want :lmao: And that was just the ones hanging around. There’s a million more with different handles With his silly snakes on them. And the Ray Mears ones. Which he pinched back one off me.

1D636B6E-414E-46C9-B00A-90178A9BBDC1.jpeg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
What did he do to the knife to do that to the edge ?
My bother damaged one of his and it looked like that but he'd slammed it down, and cut into, a live wire :rolleyes:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
What did he do to the knife to do that to the edge ?
My bother damaged one of his and it looked like that but he'd slammed it down, and cut into, a live wire :rolleyes:
Late at night batonning a small round to go on the fire. Met a knot halfway down and the blade got stuck. Instead of levering up and down to release it, and because it looked near the bottom and the round was pretty thin. I twisted it side to side to carry the split on. Three times. Three big chunks :censored::censored:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Late at night batonning a small round to go on the fire. Met a knot halfway down and the blade got stuck. Instead of levering up and down to release it, and because it looked near the bottom and the round was pretty thin. I twisted it side to side to carry the split on. Three times. Three big chunks :censored::censored:
I took a thumbnail sized chunk out of a BRKT Canadian doing the same. Horrible, as you can feel and hear it go but don’t know the extent of the damage until it’s out of the wood.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I wasn’t happy. It’s my favourite knife. I didn’t want to sharpen it all out straight away as the edge still works amazingly well considering. I think I did that about four years ago and they are nowhere near as bad as they used to be. Pops wasn’t joking. They were massive.

It got worse though. When I was biding my time at the latrine, the sheath came off my belt and the whole lot went rolling into the somewhat less than solid contents :rant:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE