Stihl folding saw

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I was in the garden centre the other day, & while looking at the stihl kit, i saw that they now market their own folding saw. They were expensive(this place is though)at £21, & the label said made in Japan.

Rob

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I was in the garden centre the other day, & while looking at the stihl kit, i saw that they now market their own folding saw. They were expensive(this place is though)at £21, & the label said made in Japan.

Rob

Hey Rob, I saw those over here in Normandy, did they have the ones with the bulky handle version as well? Bit pricey at €47. That one has Ni-cad battery in and works the reciprocating saw mechanism. I was a bit disappointed really given that Stihl make petrol chainsaws and this was effectively an electric saw. It might work on the tough woods though. Battery life was good though, 4 hours of constant use, through softwoods presumably.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Buy a silky F180, under £20.00, better than a Stihl PS30, and they fit perfectly in an Ray Mears Laplander sheath!!

RM

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hey Rob, I saw those over here in Normandy, did they have the ones with the bulky handle version as well? Bit pricey at €47. That one has Ni-cad battery in and works the reciprocating saw mechanism. I was a bit disappointed really given that Stihl make petrol chainsaws and this was effectively an electric saw. It might work on the tough woods though. Battery life was good though, 4 hours of constant use, through softwoods presumably.

No, did'nt see anything like that, sounds like a 1-4-13 saw to me...

Rob

Biker

No, did'nt see anything like that, sounds like a 1-4-13 saw to me...

Rob

Is that the model number for it?

The model they had on display was run down so I couldn't see it in action. Seemed pretty rugged all things considered. I can't remember the exact model number for it, something, something Ten-T, presumably the TPI (teeth per inch) on the blade. Who knows? :dunno:

The Stihl website shows there is a solar panel accessory for it, which in my opinion is a bit naff. I mean, what chance is there of bright sunshine in the UK to recharge it between uses? And doesn't Sweden stay in darkness for the months of winter anyway, so you've got to ask why? :confused:

It seems Stihl has adopted this new technology stuff in a big way. Good luck to them I say, they're a good make so I hope this new range doesn't let the brand name down.

Biker

We getting mixed up between folding hand saws and powered saws here? ;)

Nope, Stihl do the folding saw, which everyone and his dog has a version of AND the folding bladed battery powered reciprocating saw (with the very naff looking solar power recharger accessory). I'm guessing they're going for the "I'll just die if I don't buy this gadget!" market... or those who who get winded easily and don't run on bacon and eggs banjos :lmao:

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Nope, Stihl do the folding saw, which everyone and his dog has a version of AND the folding bladed battery powered reciprocating saw (with the very naff looking solar power recharger accessory).

Ah, ok. Not seen the reciprocating version, but I can't see much use for it by us lot really, and the solar panel sounds like a joke. You got a link to the saw?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE