Folding Bushcraft Knife??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

LCB

May 13, 2024
surrey
I have a few 'folding bushcraft knives' I will take a photo over the weekend, but as a kind of do it all, the Spyderco Native 5 in CPM110v is very hard to beat.

View attachment 88181

you can choke up to the blade for detailed cuts, and for me every hand position is possible. Being a flat grind and stainless very good for food prep too.
Doesn't look incredibly ergonomic?

Megatramp

Feb 16, 2024
Ashfield
Just had a delivery, the two Gerber Mansfields I ordered, and because I have a terrible case of Wadelsthigot syndrome this came along with them.IMG_20240604_101547.jpgThought it may be of interest to you LCB, very similar to the TBS you mentioned.
G10 scales, 93mm handle length, secondary bevel but I'll soon get rid of that. Best bit is it only cost £12.

Reactions: rowen

wickerman

May 6, 2010
norfolk
I had a tbs slip joint was a good knife but no nail knick so hard to deploy wanted a Ben Orford nomad but did not have that kind of money to spare so I made one 01 steel tuffnal scales been using every day for last two years with a problem including cutting roofing felt the over day got covered in bitumen cleaned up with petrol and gave it a sharpen

Megatramp

Feb 16, 2024
Ashfield
I had a tbs slip joint was a good knife but no nail knick so hard to deploy wanted a Ben Orford nomad but did not have that kind of money to spare so I made one 01 steel tuffnal scales been using every day for last two years with a problem including cutting roofing felt the over day got covered in bitumen cleaned up with petrol and gave it a sharpen
Pics or it didn't happen!!

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
How’s the back spring, is it fairly solid?
Just had a delivery, the two Gerber Mansfields I ordered, and because I have a terrible case of Wadelsthigot syndrome this came along with them.View attachment 88257Thought it may be of interest to you LCB, very similar to the TBS you mentioned.
G10 scales, 93mm handle length, secondary bevel but I'll soon get rid of that. Best bit is it only cost £12.

Megatramp

Feb 16, 2024
Ashfield
The Gerber, decent. Somewhere between my Farmer and Manly Wasp but without the irritating 1/4 stops.
The Whitby is a bit mushy but ok, not dissimilar to my Joker. Just finished reprofiling it so I'll see how it goes.
I'm fine with both and prefer them to the ridiculously heavily sprung Boker I had.

Reactions: rowen and Nice65

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Another vote for the Casstrom Lars Falt. I have couple of tbs boars too but prefer the handle shape of the casstrom more. I also really like my Michael May antler handled Barlow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE