Stick tang bushcraft knife WIP

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
The knife is now done.

Shiney pic!

No riveting in the pommel, I decided to trust the epoxy in this one.

With his older brother in the background:

I'll get to a sheath as soon as I can. Thanks for looking. :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's a wonderful knife, Niels; a very skilled piece of work indeed. How on earth will you be able to choose between them when you go out? Looks as though you'll be carrying two knives with you, I know I would! atb mac

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
WOW. That is impressive and I think you have more than done justice to Marks blade.
Are you going to make a traditional sheath for it too.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Thanks a bunch everyone!:D

How on earth will you be able to choose between them when you go out? Looks as though you'll be carrying two knives with you, I know I would! atb mac

Haven't really used it all that much yet but I expect both grinds have their pros and cons:)

Tried out the new un yet?

I've carved a few feather sticks with it and as I've never used a flat grind before it takes some getting used to. That said, it does work very well and the angle is the same as on the scandi one so that's what I expected. My main concern is how long the black finish on the bevel will hold up, but if it doesn't hold I might just polish the whole bevel. Might even do that anyway to add shineyness but I'm not sure yet...

Are you going to make a traditional sheath for it too.

Yes I hope to post a picture here when it's done. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE