Steve Irwin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Gutted to hear that Steve Irwin has died. Although some of us obviously disagree over his methods and sense in tackling dangerous animals he was a committed conservationist one of life characters in a media world increasingly populated by bland, dull and uninspiring people - and that can only have attracted and interested people in wildlife and the outdoors, right?

kb31

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
by the lakes
very sad to hear about steve he's going to leave a big void namely becos no one will have the bottle to fill it . he was a bit mad but we loved him for doing stuff that we would say sod that i am going home like-right now! not knocking the bloke in any way but doing his job your lucks got to run out sometime real shame lol i am gutted. by whats been on tv his kids will be ok i really hope so

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Im not saying he never did any good, or didnt have good intentions. He was a good man, but im just saying he pushed it a bit a few times and maybe it was just his time the day he lost his life. I wasnt slagging him off either, I just think there was some sense in what Ray Mears said. Im not an absolute Ray Mears fanatic either, I make my own judgment. It is possible however I could have thought wrong, for better or for worse. Anythings possible, nothing is certain, especially when the media is so biased.

Sorry about the rant Steve (RIP).

redflex

Need to contact Admin...
I think that we should all watch out for Bindi,

Steve learnt from his mother she set up the zoo and conservation program, Steve took this to a new level.

I reckon Bindi will take her fathers legacy and carry it on (you only have to watch the child with the animals).

I am sure this is far from the end of the Irwin families in both conservation and media.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
redflex said:
I think that we should all watch out for Bindi,

Steve learnt from his mother she set up the zoo and conservation program, Steve took this to a new level.

I reckon Bindi will take her fathers legacy and carry it on (you only have to watch the child with the animals).

I am sure this is far from the end of the Irwin families in both conservation and media.

And Bob was wrangling with crocs when he was 1 month old! (Beats just leaning over a balcony any day, young Jackson! ;) )

I get the impression the whole of Australia Zoo was one big family; I saw how badly they reacted when his dog had to be put to sleep. I was welling up too!

Still, something like this galvanises people, and I'm sure that they family and the zoo will go from strength to strength; especially with all the public support. In fact, sad though the circumstances, I bet they're getting a lot more visitors now.

RIP Steve.

Under the Southern Cross you stand
A deadly viper in yer hand,
Scaring crocs across land,
Steve Irwin, you F'ing beauty!

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
ilovemybed said:
Under the Southern Cross you stand
A deadly viper in yer hand,
Scaring crocs across land,
Steve Irwin, you F'ing beauty!

Is that one of your own ILMB.

It's very good ans sums him up quite well:You_Rock_

LS

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
sharp88 said:
Im not saying he never did any good, or didnt have good intentions. He was a good man, but im just saying he pushed it a bit a few times and maybe it was just his time the day he lost his life. I wasnt slagging him off either, I just think there was some sense in what Ray Mears said. Im not an absolute Ray Mears fanatic either, I make my own judgment. It is possible however I could have thought wrong, for better or for worse. Anythings possible, nothing is certain, especially when the media is so biased.

Sorry about the rant Steve (RIP).

If anybody passes on, and has never "pushed it a bit" at sometime, then in my opinion, they haven't lived.....
I feel like I've lost a friend.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Apparently they are reppeating the full Austrailia zoo memorial on animal planet tonight . Its the one that went live with Bindi's speach on it . It is on a t 9 oclock .
Pumbaa

seamonkey

Forager
Sep 11, 2004
Scotland - Angus
sharp88 said:
Yeah but its still self inflicted if you pick it up.

Sorry but i just read this and have you ever snorkelled or dived with rays? you seem very well informed so i presume you must have.

I was in Oz when this this happened a lot of my mates thought he was a bit of an national embarassment to be honest but those very same people mourned his loss - Why you ask?

- was he a big kid? - perhaps, I wish i could be as well sometimes.

- I was genuinely gutted not because i really wanted to meet the man (which i did) but because he was so passionate about wildlife he really loved the simple fact that nature can entertain as well as anything which takes AA batteries.

what he did do was raise public awareness of wildlife and more importantly conveyed this at a level which could appeal to all ages particulary kids i.e the playstation generation.

Its a real loss in my humble option and i hope to see his like again.

seamonkey

Forager
Sep 11, 2004
Scotland - Angus
pumbaa said:
Apparently they are reppeating the full Austrailia zoo memorial on animal planet tonight . Its the one that went live with Bindi's speach on it . It is on a t 9 oclock .
Pumbaa

I watched this live - although i think the Aus coverage was insanely over the top ( we're talking Irwin mentioned every half an hour for a week) It was really very moving and hugely apporpriate for the man not to mention inspiring - both me and the missus had a teary eyed moment when his daughter gave her tribute.

We need more of his type of person in the world..

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE