Camping near Oslo Airport.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I know in theory I can wild camp almost anywhere in Norway but I'm looking at some flights that I cannot connect without an overnight stop at Oslo Airport.

Hotels are expensive, plus I will have a bergen full of camping gear with me.

Looking at the Google Satellite map of the area there seems to be plenty of woodland near the airport.

So I was wondering, apart from the obvious noise problems, are there any other reasons why I shouldn't just step out of the airport and pitch my bivi in the woods nearby?

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Gary,

I'm sure Cliff will be along in a minute with some great locations for you.

During the Telemark trip, the wood we stayed in by Oslo Torp airport was less than 200m from the runway. We had no problems whatsoever.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Oslo youth hostel is very cheap. Which airport? Ryan air go to Torp which is a long way out of Oslo.

Apologies, just checked the google map and see it is the one North of Oslo, no experience up there.

Last edited:
The area near the airport is dotted with forest and lakes, there should be no problem for an experienced viking to find a good place to sleep. Just keep more that 200 metres away from settlements. Enjoy!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE