steel knapped effect knife and braided handle/sheath

troy

Forager
Aug 9, 2004
moray, scotland
www.mtn-m.co.uk
Here's another one of those projects I'd been threating to do but never had - until now.

The braided sheath is something I've been messing around with for ages and got it nearly perfect with this knife, which in the end I had to make as well to suit the braiding.

The steel used was what was advised from others here -cromwells - created the grooves with a drum sander which has created a nice lookin scallop type edge which is'nt really sharp but OK for what could be more regarded as a decorative knife.

The sheath is made from two short belt braided patterns joined together by an edge braid - working on another at the moment where I hope to include a small pouch.

steel-knapped-knife3.jpg

wasteoid

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
uxbridge
MY GOD. Amazing.

I went down to the workshop yesterday to do a stock removal bushcrafter, and got the hump trying to sand out a rust pit.

That must have taken hours, and looks just like it has been knapped.

Fair play to the man with the patience.

Chris

troy

Forager
Aug 9, 2004
moray, scotland
www.mtn-m.co.uk
just finished another and gone for the black look in the braiding - plus included a small pouch in the sheath of this one for that all important strike alight or a plain old lighter.

23126a043826c82a91a66f82152f15054b7c656b.pjpg

Feb 19, 2009
US
That is awsome.. Good work. Be careful though as here in the US double edged "daggers" are illegal to carry. Not sure of your laws.

usarmyfl

M

moccasintracks

That is awsome.. Good work. Be careful though as here in the US double edged "daggers" are illegal to carry. Not sure of your laws.

usarmyfl

Where did you get that info? Doesn't seem to be the case in Alabama

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE