Steak Pie

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Anyone got any steak pie recipes worth sharing, i have one but i have to admit its not mine just one that was passed onto me. Time of the year for a good steakpie and a pint of ale

Beef
Sausage
Carrot
Puff Pastry
Oxo Cubes
Gunniess
Onions

Coat the beef in flour, fry in a frying pan, chuck into the dutch oven with the chopped carrots, onions and sausages (fried then cut into thirds), add a pintof stock and a pint of gunniess, chuck in the oven for the desired amount of time usually dependant upon what task is in hand 3-4 hours, onced the meat is tender roll out the puff pastry and chuck it all into nother suitable container cover with pastry, intothe oven for another 25min then your cracking

Th flour on the beef helps thicken the stock and if it drys out a little during the cooking i generally chuck in somemore guinness

Maybe a bit rough but its tasty,anyone any steak pie recipes they'd like to share???

Bound to be someone out there with something a little special???

joejoe

On a new journey
Jan 18, 2007
washington
not sure if it helps but when i cook the sunday beef i coat it in mint sauce/ mustard then cover in extra virgin oil to lock the taste in

mortalmerlin

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Belgium (ex-pat)
Personally I like a steak and kidney or steak and oinion pudding rather than a pie. There are some great recipies for those in the Gary Rhodes - British classics book.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Good stuff. Let us know what you think. As I said, it sounds a little strange, but tastes fantastic. I'm getting hungry again now!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE