Started carving a chess set.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
If you need some darker wood for the other side FOC I have some I probably will never use. I have some Black Walnut at the back, Rosewood middle left, Paduak middle right, Purpleheart front left and Ebony front right. The Ebony is the smallest size would make 16 pieces 7.5cm X 2cm .

Let me know if your interested and I can cut em up into blanks on the band saw?

005-13_zpsc22203f3.jpg

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I have a set my father made when a boy, the standard style. This looks a great project, a smallish workpiece to take in the pocket to work on most places..

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
If you need some darker wood for the other side FOC I have some I probably will never use. I have some Black Walnut at the back, Rosewood middle left, Paduak middle right, Purpleheart front left and Ebony front right. The Ebony is the smallest size would make 16 pieces 7.5cm X 2cm .

Let me know if your interested and I can cut em up into blanks on the band saw?

005-13_zpsc22203f3.jpg

thankyou for your most generous offer,however i have a shed full of exotic woods,your a generous nice chap many thanks.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
That's looking great matey. Are you going to make a wooden chessboard too?

thanks mate,i am still making my mind up on wht to use for the board,i have plenty of antique Ebony ,for the apposing colour i am not sure,i thought of bison bone,i can get hold of pre cites ivory but i think i may chose a white wood,maybe holly.

Jan 9, 2009
Perth
thanks mate,i am still making my mind up on wht to use for the board,i have plenty of antique Ebony ,for the apposing colour i am not sure,i thought of bison bone,i can get hold of pre cites ivory but i think i may chose a white wood,maybe holly.

Sounds all tasty to me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE