Stamp giveaway

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I'm going to cut a 5x5cm delrin stamp for 3 lucky bushcrafters to celebrate my 40th.

All you need to do is post below, one entry per person.

Closing date 19th July. You will need to provide me with a 5x5 black and white SVG design. If you get it to me by 8pm on Thursday 21st I'll be able to cut it that evening and post it or give it to you during the first week of the moot. Otherwise there's no rush, it'll just get done when your design is done. I won't be able to help much with your SVG unless work gets a little less hectic, so bear that in mind before going for it.

I'm not the copyright police, but please make sure you've got the rights to the image you're having engraved.

nb don't need to post your SVG here or anything, just reply below. Will be picked by random number generator.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddy and wookii

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Yes please, I'll enter if I may
A couple of ideas of design spring to mind..

Happy Birthday by the way

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
God, I wish I knew what that all meant.
Sounds exciting, but I'm damned if I know what you're talking about.
Which means it's probably not for me, but best of luck to those who do know what it is.
SVG is a vector graphic. I mean, it can be done with a standard paint bitmap, it'll just look blocky. Delrin is a type of plastic which isn't great for heat.

When I have a chance to play with the CNC a bit more I'll be able to mill some brass ones. But for now, limited to Delrin :)

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Many happy returns, I turned 40 this year, quite to my shock.....oh to be 23 again.....or even 28 :)

Please put my name into the hat as well, I have had an idea for the while, and should be good.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Well since there's only 4 people who entered (unless you were also entering Mr Fenna) so I'll do them all. Just PM me your designs!

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Well since there's only 4 people who entered (unless you were also entering Mr Fenna) so I'll do them all. Just PM me your designs!
That's very kind of you. I'll pm a design soon.

Have fun at the moot, I will be going next year.

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
As has been said that's very good of you young man. I still have no idea what sort of format you want an image in though. I was thinking of a traditional Yorkshire rose with the hope of using it as a leather stamp.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
As has been said that's very good of you young man. I still have no idea what sort of format you want an image in though. I was thinking of a traditional Yorkshire rose with the hope of using it as a leather stamp.
Same thought here. my beloved wife and children have botanical names, so thinking a mix of name sake leaves. I'll try and do something over the weekend.

@tim_n I can do a jpeg or tiff or similar, but cannot do SVG, any guidance very much welcome, and thank you again

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A jpeg is on it's way but I am an IT idiot ... I hope the image is usable ... if not - no worries, just leave me out of the project ...:)
Cheers
John

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Same thought here. my beloved wife and children have botanical names, so thinking a mix of name sake leaves. I'll try and do something over the weekend.

@tim_n I can do a jpeg or tiff or similar, but cannot do SVG, any guidance very much welcome, and thank you again
just send over the jpg and hopefully a simple convert like John's

Reactions: gra_farmer

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE