stainless pot required?????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hey up all, im after a new stainless steel cooking pot around 750-1000 ml big...

id like it to be a round shape if possible with lid, and handles that fold out like its a mug type style..

i dont want a mug as i have 2 of that type already, but thay dont have lids.

id like the lid to be a pan as well if possible, so it could be used as a mug or frying pan, kill 2 birds with 1 stone sort of thing.

id like to spend no more than £15-20 maximum...

any ideas peeps?????

regards.

chris.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
MSR Alpine Stowaway, comes in sizes .775, 1.1 and 1.6l, quite well made, or there is the Crusader Mess Tin by BCB, all available in your price range.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
nice one gents, thank you.....

i really wanted stainless but im very tempted with that alley defused pot, its the exact thing im after but stainless and without the defuser...

however, i have ordered some bits to make a new jet stove, a copper coil alcohol stove system with some awesome mods to make it more user friendly...:)

it should sit in the pan a treat, and with the defuser on that should use even less fuel.....

me likes....:You_Rock_

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK

however, i have ordered some bits to make a new jet stove, a copper coil alcohol stove system with some awesome mods to make it more user friendly...:)

I'm curious about this stove , do you have any details yet or do we have to wait and see ?

Cheers

MikeyBear

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
If you fancy one of these, i've got one i've used once.

Rob

thanks Rob, think im going to go with the defused ally pot as it fits my needs better shape wise, id really like stainless but the ally shape is much better for me and will save fuel with the defued fins....

but many thanks, and if i win the lotto i will look you up......:thanks:

chris.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
thanks Rob, think im going to go with the defused ally pot as it fits my needs better shape wise, id really like stainless but the ally shape is much better for me and will save fuel with the defued fins....

but many thanks, and if i win the lotto i will look you up......:thanks:

chris.
im on the look out for another pot that will fit inside the ally one snugly, and still leave room for stove, supplies etc. if i find one i'll let you know!

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
its going to be a bit like this, but steel construction so it wont break

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bl0Yr_wS0U

going to mod it so it will never leak and maybe make a controller for the jet for simmering rather than rageing boil too....

should be good when finished, it will fit inside a bean tin which will be pot stand and wind sheald all in one, im also looking at a pot with a defuser like the jet boil to save even more fuel and time/money...:)

should be done next week some time, depends when my evilbey kit gets here....

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK
It certainly sounds good . I like petrol stoves , but they are a little bulky. Alcohol stoves always seemed a little too quiet.

Looking forward to your results.:)

Cheers

MB

patrols

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
cornwall
As already posted the Msr Stowaway pots a brilliant, very well made with a fitted handle and the lid clamps to the pot so it makes a good strorage container the stailless steel is of a good thickness and quality unlike some other stainless steel pots on the market.
the smallest one makes a very good cup as well and the medium size one is good as a 1 man pot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE