Spring has Sprung - 2024

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Yep. The food waste in the compost bin is going down instead of up. It’s Spring!

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
While I'm looking out the window at a hail storm watching the roofs and ground turn white!
Yep. Sitting in my bay window next to a radiator and watching the sleet hammering on the window. Cosy? Certainly. Spring? Possibly!

I was just about to take the brushwood cutter out and clear the path ready for the Easter Bunny on Sunday. Look out for the wabbit in wellies.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Presently sitting underneath torrential rain and a thunderstorm, .......did somebody mention spring? I'm still waiting!

• Haha
Reactions: Broch

GreyCat

Nov 1, 2023
South Wales, UK
We had the thunderstorm on Friday. Today has been a whole dry day (whisper it) and warm in the sun if you could get out of the wind. Pottered in the garden at the new place (=building site) today, did lots of little jobs, but everything still very boggy underfoot.

GC

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
At dusk today we noticed the first pair of bats of the year circling in the gathering gloom, in the southern lee of the house. I’m exceedingly unlikely to be able to photograph any of them, but they are certainly very active.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
What is this Springy thing you all are talking about, the forecast is for lots of snow for tonight.

• Haha

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
Heard the first nightingale of the year yesterday, quite a few more in the garden today. We were flooded last weekend, nearly a meter of water in the house, Mercifully we are in spring, so can have the doors & windows wide open to help the drying. It's going to take months though.

• Wow

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
High wind warnings tonight.
Had a gust earlier in the evening that actualy blew my 750 yamaha motorbike off its stand onto its side. !!!
Dustbin halfway down the street, bike storm shelter, (up and over, umbrella type thing, ) down the bottom of the drive, and in a bit of a mess. Roped it to the metal garden railings, and will sort it all out tomorrow morning.
Phew, what a panic!
Presently deathly quiet and still outside. Feels quite eerie after all that noise and bluster.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
There is a funny shiny yellow thing in the sky!!!!!!
It's not wet!!!!!!
I replaced my thermal top with a normal t shirt... and I was warm!!!!!
What's happening??????

Reactions: Marcus2

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
[quote
@Woody girl What's happening?????? /quote]

Drought, thirst, heatstroke. The same old doom as for the rain but dryer.

Last edited:

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
Forget spring, summer made an appearance today & it's too blooming hot ! :rolleyes:

SATWF.png

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
First hedgehog! A large one trying to walk in through the back door when I opened it! :)
Do you get many badgers? I've not seen a hedgehog here and think we would be an ideal place for them but we do get loads of badgers.I

Sun came out yesterday and along with the adult lizards I was glad to see several of last years babies, I had worried the wet winter would have killed them off.

Saw several more oil beetles and, one of my favourites, a dung beetle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE