Sporrans!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
A few friends asked if i could make them sporrans. i was unsure so decided tae knock up a few prototypes tae see if i could. the culloden type sporrans i enjoy making and are dead simple but also wanted tae make a more modern styled one. I never want tae make one again :lmao:the lacing and the shape etc drove me nuts. but im pretty chuffed with the end result. it took me a week tae make them both and as i dont want tae make another modern styled sporran im unsure whether i shall sell it or keep it for myself. im already planning my next culloden sporran for myself though so this one i will sell :)

imag0565p.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2012-02-26
imag0569w.jpg

imag0571x.jpg

imag0564f.jpg

imag0566p.jpg

imag0570b.jpg

the sgian dubh in the picture was a gift my girlfriend made for me and the beads/toggle on the modern sporran i made fae the same peice of wood as the knife handle was fae so they complement each other quite nicely.

the toggle on the culloden soft sporran is half an avacadoe seed dried and oiled.

thanks for looking
Hamish

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Nice work I was thinking of making my brother in law to be a sporran but thought the pattern and cutting it out may be a tad difficult. Nice work though.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
give it a go scoman its a good project if your intae your leatherwork. the culloden sporrans are dead easy, its just the modern one i had a little trouble with as it was my first. but im sure second time round will be much better if i decide tae make more

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
hi mate they are grand bud, really like them mate, have sent you a pm about the retention strap on the updated sporren bud.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE