Spoons and a kuksa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good job on both, good form on the spoons, nicely shaped and it looks like you've stayed in control of your cuts etc, they look good. The kuksa, is that your first attempt or have you been experimenting before? It's great, lovely shape and depth, cuts are clean enough that tidying up won't be a problem.

You should be chuffed with yourself.

Reactions: ScottE

ScottE

Nomad
Mar 22, 2017
Norfolk
Good job on both, good form on the spoons, nicely shaped and it looks like you've stayed in control of your cuts etc, they look good. The kuksa, is that your first attempt or have you been experimenting before? It's great, lovely shape and depth, cuts are clean enough that tidying up won't be a problem.

You should be chuffed with yourself.
Second "attempt" on the kuksa, my first cracked badly but I learned lots from mistakes...took my time this time and it's drying out very slowly as shown.

Many thanks for the encouragement and words.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I suppose the first 20 will be the hardest. You have done a very respectable job on #1.
As you admit, there sure is a lot to learn!

Crooked knives with various sweeps are very common general purpose wood carving tools
here in the Pacific Northwest. Even farrier's crooked hoof knives can be repurposed.

Reactions: ScottE

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE