Spoon I nicked from Mesquite

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Mesquite was chucking all his spoons on the fire, and I asked to keep this one.
As a lazy person who can't be bothered spending all day whittling a spoon I nabbed it and burned it with the burny pen.
No need to make my own spoons when other people make so many they are throwing them away!!!
spoon2.jpg

spoon1.jpg

I must say the fire pen is the best thing I ever bought. Id encourage everybody to buy one for the enjoyment its brought me, but don't because I wont get any more commissions!

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
That's really cool, I have a woodburning pen too but I can't do a thing with it, well nothing like that anyway! Nice work.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Mesquite was chucking all his spoons on the fire, and I asked to keep this one.

I wondered where that one went!!!! ..... that dissapeared on a passaround as I was going to keep it and finish it off.... the only things I chucked in the fire were a couple old blanks and one that went wrong.

Got to admit you've done a fantastic job with it Lindsey, can you show the detail on the side of the handle as well please?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Bet he wants it back now :lmao:

Yes I'd love to have my spoon back, I was looking forward to finishing it off :) .... but Lindsey has earned the right to keep it by doing all that superb artwork on it

If I want one like that I'll just have to carve another spoon and send that to her to so I can have my own :D

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
flippin' heck I thought you were going to chuck in the fire with the rest. I didnt know you wanted to keep it! you can have it back if you like.

and no you can't see the otherside because I havent done it :D It is merely skillfully photographed.:p

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
flippin' heck I thought you were going to chuck in the fire with the rest. I didnt know you wanted to keep it! you can have it back if you like.

and no you can't see the otherside because I havent done it :D It is merely skillfully photographed.:p

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Nope, I'm already on record as saying it's yours Lindsey. It couldn't have gone to a better home and you'll have to show it me when you've finished all the work on it.

D

Deleted dude 7861

That's awesome Lindsey, beautiful work :) but I'll make sure I keep all my spoons securely locked up at meets :D :lmao:

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Nope, I'm already on record as saying it's yours Lindsey. It couldn't have gone to a better home and you'll have to show it me when you've finished all the work on it.

I should give it you back if its yours, I wondered why you were throwing such a perfectly good spoon away I thought I aught to save it! I should really get round to making my own, but you all spent all day at it I did a picture a while back to comemorate the spoon making tradition!
foxspoon.jpg

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Lindsey.... it's a lump of wood that I enjoyed carving out into a spoon. It wasn't anything special until you got your hands on it :) so I'm more than happy for you to keep it.

If you're really fussed I'll carve another one and you can work your magic pen over that for me as a swap :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That sounds like a solution - both contibute - both gain!

And we can see the whole process if you both photograph it ;)

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Lidz some lovely work but there again I would'nt expect anything less your a very talented lass and I too think you could make a very good living out of tattooing

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE