Spitewinter Meet 9 - 11 April 2010 ( Very Picture Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Dude it must be a Canadian thing. goodjob

It's definately a Canadian thing, and as Steve says a North American thing at that. I can't get enough maple syrup on my food, it even goes in my cowboy coffee sometimes. Makes some people wretch watching me eat a breakfast!:eek: All the mountain man recipes I see contain corn meal as well so I thought I'd throw a bit in for good measure. Live fast die fat, Elvis diet all the way, hummana hummana. Thanks again for the recipe guys, it's a goer:You_Rock_

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
It's definately a Canadian thing, and as Steve says a North American thing at that. I can't get enough maple syrup on my food, it even goes in my cowboy coffee sometimes. Makes some people wretch watching me eat a breakfast!:eek: All the mountain man recipes I see contain corn meal as well so I thought I'd throw a bit in for good measure. Live fast die fat, Elvis diet all the way, hummana hummana. Thanks again for the recipe guys, it's a goer:You_Rock_

Do you put it on pasta like Elf :lmao:

Sounds tasty grub Chad

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

Corn Meal sounds interesting, but even I will have to pass on the Maple syrup:yuck:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Corn Meal sounds interesting, but even I will have to pass on the Maple syrup:yuck:

Can't say I blame you Martin, it's not to most people's taste! Must be the redneck in me...:rolleyes: The corn meal is nice though, fills it out a bit. Most supermarkets stock it in bags in the world food section for pence.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Can't say I blame you Martin, it's not to most people's taste! Must be the redneck in me...:rolleyes: The corn meal is nice though, fills it out a bit. Most supermarkets stock it in bags in the world food section for pence.

Don't get me wrong Chad, maple syrup - fine on crepes and pancakes but on eggs and sausages:eek:

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Don't get me wrong Chad, maple syrup - fine on crepes and pancakes but on eggs and sausages:eek:

You've never tried it 'cause you don't like it, eh?

Honestly, I thought that until I first tried it in Chicago about 30 years ago. That and root beer. To be honest the root beer took a week or so but I was hooked for life on the maple syrup breakfast thing the minute I tasted it. It has to be real maple syrup though, I can't be doin' with this corn substitute stuff.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
You've never tried it 'cause you don't like it, eh?

Honestly, I thought that until I first tried it in Chicago about 30 years ago. That and root beer. To be honest the root beer took a week or so but I was hooked for life on the maple syrup breakfast thing the minute I tasted it. It has to be real maple syrup though, I can't be doin' with this corn substitute stuff.

I never said that Ged: :)

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton

I fully understood what you meant Martin, my wife draws the line with pancakes too, as do most people! I just like it because I can play dueling banjos with my webbed toes, all twelve of them:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE