Spec Plus Knives

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
During another big clear out I throw out some Spec Plus Aircrew & Marine knives.

My Question to you is were they any use/any good?

I know most of us older members probably owned these before the popularity of Survival & Bushcraft and the hoard of choice in knives ever since.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Why'd you throw them out?? More than likely a few members would have traded for them or atleast covered the postage for them!

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
They were well used for many years and not worth any use to anyone. Just wondered who liked them and if they found a use for them still nowadays with all the choice

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
They were well used for many years and not worth any use to anyone. Just wondered who liked them and if they found a use for them still nowadays with all the choice

Are they broken/damaged? If not they're still good to go. Yes, there's lots of choice nowadays but, let's face it, knives cut stuff and always have; you don't need the latest make.

Ontario's Spec Plus line are well liked, especially in the USA. Good dependable steel (1095) and classic US military knives with synthetic handles instead of the traditional leather stacks. I've got the SP 8 machete and SP 10 Marine Raider. Both are big sturdy blades: fun to look at and play with. I'd really like the Air Force and Marine versions, more for collecting really, but I'd still use them and compare them to other knives.

Claudiasboris

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Both damaged beyond repair but I did get many years of use through the late 80's and 90's every week or weekend just about

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE